JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is it bad to have an "Upgrade Overflow"? It seems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sofakng

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Is it bad to have an "Upgrade Overflow"? It seems Reply with quote

I have too many device/protocol upgrades and IR.exe gives me the following dialog:

"Upgrade overflow. There is more data in your device-independent upgrade section than can be stored in the remote. Do you want to move some upgrade devices and/or protocols to the Learned or AdvancedCode regions?"

It seems like if I hit "Yes" then my Move/Macro space is reduced (and turns yellow), but everything seems to work OK.

Is this having a negative impact on the remote control? (eg. speed or battery usage, etc)

Also, I'm using an extender (for my 15-2117) so the Learned section says n/a (I think there is no learning space available with extenders...?)
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Is it bad to have an "Upgrade Overflow"? It s Reply with quote

sofakng wrote:
I have too many device/protocol upgrades and IR.exe gives me the following dialog:

"Upgrade overflow. There is more data in your device-independent upgrade section than can be stored in the remote. Do you want to move some upgrade devices and/or protocols to the Learned or AdvancedCode regions?"

It seems like if I hit "Yes" then my Move/Macro space is reduced (and turns yellow), but everything seems to work OK.

Is this having a negative impact on the remote control? (eg. speed or battery usage, etc)

Also, I'm using an extender (for my 15-2117) so the Learned section says n/a

It's fine. Smile

It's a (reasonably new) feature in IR.exe which lets you use memory more flexibly than we used to be able to.

In the "old days" IR.exe wouldn't have let you load that many upgrades - now it knows how to "steal" memory from other areas.

There should be no "ill effects" - just some of your keymove/macro space has been used for your upgrades.

Quote:
(I think there is no learning space available with extenders...?)
- that's correct. The extender turns learning memory into other (generally more useful) memory.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revel in the automatic memory re-allocation. Remember to keep a backup of your most recent configuration as an IR file and you can unload the extender, do a remote reset (Set-981) and use the learning feature again only to re-load the extender when you've finished learning any signals and decoding them in IR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: