JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic HiDef STB TU-DST50: Aspect Ratio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBM911

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Panasonic HiDef STB TU-DST50: Aspect Ratio Reply with quote

The keymaster text file for the posted DST51A doesn't work the aspect ratio adjustment ("Wide" to elongate 4:3 image to 16:9).

Don't have the original remote so can learn it either.

Any idea on what code to use to get this function of the box to work?

Thanks,
--Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the one who created the DST51A file and I don't have the remote for that STB either, I created it by testing the OBCs to see what they do. (I had found the protocol and device code by some other means, I forget how).

If you're sure that none of the buttons included in my upgrade work the Aspect function for the DST50, you could try the gaps in the OBC sequence to see if any of them do anything.

For example, the lowest OBC in my list is 4, which means OBCs 0 thru 3 are up for grabs, plus the OBC 15 is a gap, so I'd certainly give that one a shot, then finally you can start trying all the OBCs above 28
SRGilbert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Rob,
Sorry to hijack a thread, but it's fairly related! Completely new to the JP1 thing (in fact, I'm waiting for the cable to arrive as I type) but I'm trying to get a jump on things.

I was wondering what the likelyhood is of the DST51A file working for the newer Panasonic DST52 OTA HDTV reciever? My RCU810 doesn't seem to have any compatible codes for the box, so I've had to get by with minimal learned commands for my most used buttons, while keeping the actual remote nearby.

Thanks, and thanks for the great board, I'm sure it will come in very handy. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say the likelyhood is very high. Even if it doesn't work, the fact that you were able to get the RCU810 to learn the signals means you can find out the protocol, device code, etc that way and build a new upgrade.
SRGilbert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go.

I just got my cable (with Pogo pins) from Tom at Filebug in my mailbox a few minutes ago.

Already hooked up and messing around, should be fun!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean there was a small 6-pin connector in the female end of the JP1 cable, that isn't a "pogo pin" adapter, that's just a regular 6-pin connector.

A pogo pin adapter looks like this...

SRGilbert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you mean there was a small 6-pin connector in the female end of the JP1 cable, that isn't a "pogo pin" adapter, that's just a regular 6-pin connector.

A pogo pin adapter looks like this...

Yep, that's what I got alright. Smile Kinda a PITA to use though, but it works pretty good if I tape down the cable with about a foot of lead, and then use a single rubberband around the remote and connector to hold it in place. So far, so good, the DST51 code works fine with the DST52 I have. Thanks again. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, you're using the pogo for the RCU810. I expect it is a PITA, we only invented the pogo because there was no alternative with the 15-2133 Kameleon. With the RCU810 you have the option of soldering in the 6-pin connector, which is a MUCH better idea than using the pogo.
SRGilbert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Oh I see, you're using the pogo for the RCU810. I expect it is a PITA, we only invented the pogo because there was no alternative with the 15-2133 Kameleon. With the RCU810 you have the option of soldering in the 6-pin connector, which is a MUCH better idea than using the pogo.
Yeah, but it actually works pretty well, haven't had any problems at all getting a connection. I've had the remote for over a year now, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not much good with a soldering iron, so if this didn't work, I was going to buy a pre-modded one from you! Fortunately, it's working like a champ, I've been playing around with it all afternoon just trying different things.
SRGilbert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sorry to drag this out, but on the subject of the Panasonic DST boxes, there doesn't seem to be any discrete power codes. All my other Panny equipment has them (even the rumored to not exist plasma discrete power codes) so I was surprised this didn't. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: