JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dish Network Remote JP1?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OKCrew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Dish Network Remote JP1? Reply with quote

I have a Dish Network UHF/IR remote that has the 6 holes I believe are the female JP1 connection. Can this remote be programmed. I only want to add a couple of advanced codes from my TV. Specifically the Input toggle.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose anything is possible. But the RemoteChart does not list any dish network remotes as being JP1 compatible. In addition, dish network owners who post to this forum do not appear to use their dish network remotes for JP1. To quote JamesGammel, "Also, IF we have a dishnet receiver, likely we tossed the remote that came with it in a drawer long ago. "

Does your remote have any other identifying marks such as make or model number on it, or in the battery compartment, or perhaps on the door to the battery compartment?

If the 6 holes are surrounded by silver traces or solder, you could try using a pogo pin adapter with your JP1 cable to attempt to interrogate the remote.

Also, you could open the remote and see if there either an EEPROM or a place for an EEPROM on the PCB. Also look for any numbers inside the case or on the PCB that would identify who manufactured the remote.

If it turns out your remote is not JP1 compatible, there are many very nice JP1 remotes to choose from, such as the 8811, 8810w, HTPro, 6012m, 6131m... I like using the 6131m for day to day use, and I keep a 8810w in a drawer for the occassional learning of new OEM devices.

Perhaps someone more senior than I might know more about your remote, and the possibility that it is made by UEI and/or may be JP1able.

Good Luck,
-Steve
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the uhf version of the dishnet remote is called the "Platinum". IF it is a ueic remote (and that's a big IF), the "6-holes" typically have a rectangular "box" with a notched corner around them, and usually have "JP-1" printed very close. The abscence of PINS generally indicates the abscence of an eeprom as well. You're the best person to answer your own question--take the remote apart carefully and see if the PCB has an eeprom, or at least a place where an eeprom can be added (pre-existing pads). If you're not sure about what that should look like, take a pix of both sides of the pcb and post it in the Photos section at yahoo JP-1.

Jim
OKCrew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor and jamesgammel,

Thanks for the info...
faramisimo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, i was wondering about the same thing and i decided to crack one open. it turns out there is "jp1" printed on it
where do i attach the image of this remote.

(blue buttoned remote with black casing for dishnetwork )
faramisimo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocities.com/york-university/IMG_0481.jpg
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

faramisimo wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/york-university/IMG_0481.jpg

That's not a UEI JP1 connector. It's just a simple jumper. The JP1 used for programming is a 2x3 block of pads or holes or pin header.
faramisimo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought the pads might be scattered around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: