JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Trouble with Macro on Power button.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evan_s

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Trouble with Macro on Power button. Reply with quote

I'm trying to setup a lkp on my power button so that on a normal Keypress it just does the normal power for that device but on a Long keypess does a all off macro.

It seems to sorta be working. If I'm on the tv device it seems to work but doesn't work on other devices.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something simple or if it's a bug in the 1025 extender but it looks to me like it should be working.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5029
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it works in TV but not in others, it would appear that the X_TV command leading off your sequence may not be doing what you expect.

In general, it's easiest to troubleshoot by breaking down your Macro/LKP sequence into smaller bits, and testing each one, combining them sequentially, until it breaks.

Like put your short press as a macro on a real button somewhere, and your long sequence on a real button somewhere, test each individually, then build the LKP calling on the two macros, then have a macro calling the LKP, then move the original macros to phantoms or xshifted buttons or whatever.

Since you have plenty of memory, try building a separate identical LKP (wihout the X_Cancel command at the start of the short side) on each device's POWER button and see if THAT works, then we would know that vicky has to look at the X_TV function.

Or try putting the LKP that is called from the macro on a different button - maybe even a real button - just to test if it's a problem of the xSihft-EXIT button identification or something.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I figured it out and I was missing something simple. I had created a keymove on the power button for cable to turn the tv on and off instead of the cable box. That was causing it to use the keymove instead of the macro when on the cable device. Once I realized the issue was only with the cable device I quickly figured out my problem. I removed the keymove on the cable power key and ended up adding it back as shift power so that when my macro on the power button calls shift power from the short side of the LKP on the cable device it still turns off the tv like expected. On all the other devices it just uses the shift cloaking to turn that device on or off as expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: