JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

moving device upgrades from one JP1 remote to the other
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
The thing to keep in mind is that an upgrade needs to be assigned to a device button to do any good. It's impractical to use 2 (or more) upgrades for 1 device, unless you get into the Device Toggler or Device Multiplexor protocols.
What Mark says here is true 99.99% of the time. Confused However, if you are using an unextended 6131 or Atlas DVR, which use the newer keymove format, there can be an advantage to using some unassigned upgrades. While you can use the (new-format) 2-byte keymove to reference any desired EFC, you can save one byte per keymove by using the (new-format) 1-byte keymove, where the single byte refers to a button number within a setup code. If it turns out that the desired EFC is not mapped to any keys in the built-in setup codes, then an unassigned upgrade can be used to map the EFC to a button, which then can be referenced in a (new-format) 1-byte keymove. Confused yet? Just remember that this only applies to two models of UEI remotes (at this point in time), so ignore what I just said for all other remotes. Wink
fichmana2003

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question: My YAMAHA RX-V592 reciever is partially supported via code 0176. I added some more EFC's using key-moves. What I still don't have are the DSP modes (Rock, pop etc.). On my original remote I have those using discrete buttons (codes), but I don't want to key-move 8 new codes, so I thought to have one button to toggle between them, sort of similar to the FAV function, but bound the the RCVR device only. Is it possible to that with an extender (I do believe it is impossible to do with a virgin remote)?

thnaks,
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fichmana2003 wrote:
My YAMAHA RX-V592 reciever is partially supported via code 0176. I added some more EFC's using key-moves. What I still don't have are the DSP modes (Rock, pop etc.).

Take a look at the Advanced Code list for AMP/0176 to see if the codes you need are there.
fichmana2003

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks. I found there the code that enables toggling the DSP modes. one key-move only!
Razz
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fichmana2003 wrote:
one key-move only!

That reminds me of the scene in The Hunt for Red October where Sean Connery says "Verify our range to target... one ping only!" Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: