JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to go from .txt file to Slingbox Binary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kranjan1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: How to go from .txt file to Slingbox Binary Reply with quote

Hi, can someone help, I am completely lost. I have a .txt file which claims to work with my remote control on my Set Top Box, but I cannot figure out how to go from this to a .sbav file that will work with my sling box. I have RemoteMaster and I have tried loading the .txt file into the program, which is fine, but then when I goto "Advanced" and try to choose "Export Binary File", the "Export Binary File" option is greyed out. Am I missing a step here?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) The RDF file for your model of Slingbox needs to be in the RDF directory with the other RDF files. I think the standard distribution still puts that file in the wrong directory.

2) In the setup tab of RM, in the pull-down named "Remote" you need to select your model of Slingbox.

3) In the buttons tab of RM you need to reassign some of the functions to appropriate buttons, because a slingbox's virtual remote has a different set of buttons than whatever remote the .txt file was created for.

Only then should you try to export the file. (There might also be issues specific to the .txt file you chose, so if you still have trouble, tell us that file's URL).
kranjan1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) you were correct the RDF files went into the wrong directory. This now allows me to Export Binary File

However....

2) I have created .bin files from both KM (.txt) and RM (.rmdu) files, and when I go into slingbox and try to load them, I get and error message saying that "Slingbox cannot load the IR code you selected". I know that I have the files in the right place because I downloaded another .bin file and put it in there and it seemed to load file. I also know the process I am using to convert the files is correct because I tried doing it with other model devices and it worked fine. I guess the .txt and .rmdu files I converted to .bin are not valid. Can you help?

I am trying to convert the following files:
A. Pansat 2500 FTA reciever: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=4197

B. Pansat 2500A
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=2512

C. Pansat 2300 and 2500
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=958

I tried converting all of these to .bin (JU & PL) and none of them want to load. If you manage to get them to load into Slingbox, then please can you upload them to the slingbox binary files section?
KenK

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: I could use the bin file Reply with quote

Would anyone have a the bin file or whatever is need to copy
into the slingbox for a Pansat 2500?
I need a bin that also includes all the commands for example,
PAUSE,GUIDE,INFO, etc.

I would think by now someone might have this ready to place
in the correct sling folder.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: