JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can you use an USB-UIRT?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point i.m just trying to get the remote to be accepted by the 8910 so all the original keys work with it the STOP and the FFW and FRW are supposed to be part of that and someone told me to paste the code in to the devices tab in ir but not all keys were mapped and not even OFA has them.I'm not interested in adding functions right now just being able to operate the basics with one remote rather than having 6 original remotes lying around
t he learn function won't even accept that because it gives me an out of mem error learned earlier in this post that the original poster tried using the ir learn program get the the hex code and have irtool convert it to a format that is used by jr(see upper posts) and since I already own a usbuirt wanted to try that myself and see if I can map the unmapped keys that way instead
sfhub

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
at this point i.m just trying to get the remote to be accepted by the 8910 so all the original keys work with it the STOP and the FFW and FRW are supposed to be part of that and someone told me to paste the code in to the devices tab in ir but not all keys were mapped and not even OFA has them.I'm not interested in adding functions right now just being able to operate the basics with one remote rather than having 6 original remotes lying around
t he learn function won't even accept that because it gives me an out of mem error learned earlier in this post that the original poster tried using the ir learn program get the the hex code and have irtool convert it to a format that is used by jr(see upper posts) and since I already own a usbuirt wanted to try that myself and see if I can map the unmapped keys that way instead

I don't know how to say this any clearer, that is what I'm going to do for you. I'm proposing *I* will add the Stop, FF, and Rew buttons to your DSM 320 upgrade. All I need you to do is learn the functions for those buttons on your 8910, download that information using the IR program, and upload the IR file to the forum.

If you are out of "learning" memory, all you need to do is delete some learned functions using IR.
1) download the remote to IR
2) save that as an appropriately named backup file
3) click on "learned signals" tab
4) *either* press "delete all" *or* select the buttons individually in the left pane, and press delete
5) upload the resulting IR file back to the remote

Then you should have learning memory available to learn your Stop, FF, and Rew buttons. Once you have those learned, download the data into IR again, save the file, and upload the file. I will create the DSM 320 upgrade for you with the Stop, FF, and Rew buttons properly mapped so you will not need to use any learning.
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize you could free up learning memory directly in IR - good tip sfhub. (not to hijack this thread, but thanks for the oppo 970 upgrade including discretes Wink
When I need to learn signals, I always do a manufacturer reset, then learn. Note that I make sure I've down a remote download first Wink If you're having issues getting learning to work, this might help.

Best,
jeff
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson originally posted this code for the D_Link DSM 320

Upgrade Code 0 = 14 1A (VCR/1050) dlink 320 (KM v9.08)
5A 00 D8 9E A3 20 EF 98 E8 46 6E 4E 89 5D DD AD
69 49 2D C7 00 3D 6B 08 07 D7 97 47 77 57 17
End
yet when I copied it and put it under under devices and assigned it as an AUX type VCR the following functions weren't mapped into them yet
Pause,Rew.Stop,Info/display.F Fwd, F REW keys have not been mapped and do not work at all
where do I upload the file as i tried uploading an install CD just last week to the diagnosis section last week and apparently never made it there yet and I attempted that twice
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the the file ext supposed to be associated with esp the php.file ext in this case
as have no slue what belomg where ir goes what ir exe rm is remote master km or xls is excel but what uses txt and other ext I haven't got a clue about the rest
sfhub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
Mark Pierson originally posted this code for the D_Link DSM 320

Upgrade Code 0 = 14 1A (VCR/1050) dlink 320 (KM v9.08)
5A 00 D8 9E A3 20 EF 98 E8 46 6E 4E 89 5D DD AD
69 49 2D C7 00 3D 6B 08 07 D7 97 47 77 57 17
End
yet when I copied it and put it under under devices and assigned it as an AUX type VCR the following functions weren't mapped into them yet
Pause,Rew.Stop,Info/display.F Fwd, F REW keys have not been mapped and do not work at all
where do I upload the file as i tried uploading an install CD just last week to the diagnosis section last week and apparently never made it there yet and I attempted that twice

That device upgrade that Mark gave you came from this KM file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=981
The buttons that were mapped to functions in that upgrade were:
0-9
vol+/-
power
menu
guide
arrows/select
play
ffwd

No other buttons were mapped nor were there any additional functions available to be mapped.

There is a different RM-based upgrade for the DSM 320 located here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1553

It has more functions defined, though I have no idea if they work for your unit because I need your learned functions to verify that.

Anyway, I created a new upgrade you can try
Code:

Upgrade Code 0 = 14 1A (VCR/1050) dlink 320 (RM v1.79)
 5A 00 FE FE FE F1 20 EF 98 4D BD 7D FD 9D 5D DD
 AD 6D ED 2D C7 A7 E7 F7 3D 65 B5 85 A5 45 95 B7
 D7 97 47 77 C5 57 17 75 67 1D 07 55 8D CD
KeyMoves
 94 F3 14 1A 87«setup»¦
 B7 F3 14 1A E5«shuffle»¦
 30 F3 14 1A 27«photo»
End
sfhub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
what are the the file ext supposed to be associated with esp the php.file ext in this case
as have no slue what belomg where ir goes what ir exe rm is remote master km or xls is excel but what uses txt and other ext I haven't got a clue about the rest

To upload your IR file
In IR
1) click the "File" menu item
2) click "Save as"
3) type C:\chelli-v1.ir
4) press "Save" button
5) open this URL in your browser:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35
6) enter "File Name"
chelli-v1.ir
7) enter "Long Description"
learned IR for DSM 320
8 ) enter "File Upload"
C:\chelli-v1.ir
***please make absolutely sure you type the above file path correctly with no mispellings***
9) press "Add File" button
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks that one one works and all the keys I need work even some were mapped that I didn' t request
have all the functions working now that should
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one more question

I bought a A/v switcher on ebay over a year ago with a remote the remote has long since died but managed to save the signals to the 8910 as keys L1-L4 under TV device before the remote died
how can they be extracted and saved as separate file
As it is an unknown brand made in China and no numbers that you can track the mfgr down
could try relearning the original keys via usbuirt's learning program lrnprogram and have them decoded with Pronto IR tools but then how do I translate the 16-20 hex number to the 2 digit EC code that appears in IR when you read it there
would be good as an unknown remote in case anyone has anything similar and requests one like it as well
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Chelli,
If you upload the IR file to the diagnosis section and link back it back to a post here in this thread, then I'll bet that someone can create an upgrade to replicate that remote's behavior. Please provide notes in the learned signal section of IR that describe what each signal does.

Thanks,
jeff
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
[I] managed to save the signals to the 8910 as keys L1-L4 under TV device before the remote died
how can they be extracted and saved as separate file
If they are still present in your remote learned to L1-L4 - just do what you have been guided do at least a half-dozen times before:
Capn Trips wrote:
I will try to walk you by the hand through what is clearly described in the documents to which you have been referred a dozen times already:

Quote:
(4) Use the decoded data to create upgrades in KM and/or RM.

If any particular step is unclear, ask a specific, clearly-stated question about the particular step.

If IR is not showing useful decode information, upload your misbehaving IR file(s) to the diagnosis area (there is an "UPLOAD" button near the top of the linked screen) and provide a link (or links) in this thread and somebody may attempt help you with decodes and building an upgrade.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
sfhub

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case it is easier to fish for the person than teach them how to fish. After the lessons, all the fish have left the lake and the person still can't fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: