JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Updated Extinstall - what would you like to see
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joedaring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..

Changed the PID of my bTicino LightSwitch to $01FD to avoid overlaping with the Extender's built-in Brightness Special Protocol and used ExtInstall-2 to upgrade my Extended V1.01 IR file to the new V1.03 Extender version...

Everything works fine and all user-defined notes are carried-over to the new IR file...

Minor adjustments are necessary for things hard-coded into the Extender's .hex, but nothing taking too much time...

GREAT JOB! Especially if you think this has been done for a limited user basis, as the Kameleons are not high in JP1'ers hit parade...

But I find that, once you cope with the shortcomings inherent in the Kam design, and once you switch to the Extender, the Kam is hard to beat for look/power...

Thanks, Bill, indeed

Looking forward to further refinements of your work

Oh! And just noticed the great job you have done with the different devices EL Screens' images in RM... very useful indeed! Smile

Blessed the day you decided to buy a Kameleon, Bill! Wink

Ciao
Pippo
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't deserve credit for the screen work on the 6960 and 9960, that was kupaki (I think) who did that work. very useful indeed.

thanks for the feedback on extinstall. I'm away for a week or so starting today and am going to work on finalizing the extender v1.04 when I get back. Now that it's easy to install it and I don't have to recreate my configuration again, I have no excuse to delay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: