JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Poll is broken,please use other poll: Email or Web interface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpstubbs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:25 am    Post subject: Poll is broken,please use other poll: Email or Web interface Reply with quote

Somethings gone wrong here, gonna create a completely new poll.

Sorry everyone Embarassed

Jase

Last edited by jpstubbs on Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
madsage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the volume of post that happen in the JP1-Group.. email is just too much. (the other grouos are ok though)

If you go away for a few days (Like i just did) you end upwith 300 mail mesasages. (and the summary stinks because you dont get to see the conversation until the next day when you are home).

These forums are a much better solution, although i would have picked ubi-threads myself because they have both a threaded and a flat option that users can set themselves.
lucindrea
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e-mail groups i just set up a dummy e-mail , wait till my name/pass gets sent to it , then delete the address , then use the web access ... i never could figure out why someone would want a ton of messages in their mailbox ( not like i dont get enuf e-mail on how i can get viragra cheaply , or a great morage , etc. ) ...
the truth is , alot of the posts in yahoo now do not concern me , if i see a post about how to get XX device working with XX remote and i dont have either , i dont have to open it and read the thread , if it was e-mail , i would have to open it , or at least go through the trouble of deleting it.

of course i can see how modem users woiuld get a little bit frustrated with the web graphics , but the days of modems are quickly fadeing ( i know some places have no choice still )
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lucindrea wrote:
the truth is , alot of the posts in yahoo now do not concern me , if i see a post about how to get XX device working with XX remote and i dont have either , i dont have to open it and read the thread , if it was e-mail , i would have to open it , or at least go through the trouble of deleting it.

Most of the posts don't concern me, either. However, many of us NEED to read everything, like it or not. That's how we can offer help to others. Other users may want to read everything just to keep themselves current. The email option certainly makes that easy (at least for me) because I filter all my JP1 stuff into 1 folder and can read/respond/delete at my leisure. Plus, it beats the heck out of Yahoo's search options.

There's pro's and cons to both formats (email vs. pure BB). I'd much prefer not having to get on the web, but if that's the only option, I can adapt to it. Plus, I frequent several forum groups that use this (or similar) system.
jpstubbs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited the original poll message and would appreciate anyone who has already cast their vote to read the additional text. Let me know if you voted wrongly to the original poll.

cheers

jase
jpstubbs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrgh, I've just realised that editing the polls message has killed the poll off.
Mad Mad Mad

I'll set up another poll.

can everyone vote again please? Embarassed

thanks

Jase
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: