JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Grundig LCX17WS1 LCD flat tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrdjfarrell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Grundig LCX17WS1 LCD flat tv Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to get this (Grundig LCX17WS1) tv working with my URC-7544 remote control. OFA tell me that this TV is very new, and they don't have a code yet.

Just wondered how to go about programming this remote, or if anybody has already done it. I understand how to upload the code to the remote with a JP1 cable, but don't know how to get the code from the original Grundig Remote Crying or Very sad

Also, It'd be great if it would work with my Sky+ remote control, which I believe is made bu Universal Electronics also. Is there any way to get new codes into this device?

TIA

Dave
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the code from the OEM remote, you want to use the learning feature of a learning remote to learn the buttons from the OEM remote, then upload the learning remote to IR, then click on the "learn" tab in IR, and it will tell you the information you need.

The 7544 is not a learning remote. the sky remote is not a learning remote.

The sky remote will never be able to learn but can be made JP1-able by soldering in a 6 pin header and a 2k-byte eeprom.

What I would suggest is that you obtain a learning remote and a JP1 cable. Rob has them for sale in the market section of this site. A very good remote to consider for learning purposes is either the wal-mart 8810w, or from Rob, the 8811.

Since I assume you live in Europe, the wal-mart remote is probably not reasonable. Rob - do you ship remotes to Europe?

Hope this helps,
JP1Files
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried all the TV codes listed for Grundig?

0037, 0070, 0076, 0191, 0195, 0205, 0237, 0487, 0535, 0554, 0556

Do any of them at least partially work?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usblipitor wrote:
Since I assume you live in Europe, the wal-mart remote is probably not reasonable. Rob - do you ship remotes to Europe?

Sure do. Remember, I also have the classic URC-7800 "Cinema 7" learning remote available.
mrdjfarrell

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 7544 is not a learning remote. the sky remote is not a learning remote.

The sky remote will never be able to learn but can be made JP1-able by soldering in a 6 pin header and a 2k-byte eeprom.

Hi

Thanks for the rapid responses!

It sounds to me like the way to go is to mod a Sky+ remote. How is the EEPROM mod done? That would be a really good solution. I can get hold of a OFA learning remote, and then presumably upload the file here for everybody else.

Thanks again
Dave
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrdjfarrell wrote:
How is the EEPROM mod done?
Buy the 6 pin header and 16k-bit (=2k-byte) eeprom from Rob is the easiest way.

Note that there is a new sky remote that has molded plastic where the 6 pin header used to go. do you see a place to solder in a six pin header?

there is an entire library of "how-to" files at the JP1 yahoo files area, click the link in my signature line to read about the finer points of adding eeproms and headers into your remote. And to open the clamshell case without destroying the remote, there is a guide as well.

Happy New Year,
JP1Files
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: