JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Success with URC-6960 Kameleon! Mostly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickgtx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Success with URC-6960 Kameleon! Mostly Reply with quote

Thanks to all who responded to my various requests for information. I successfully built a JP1 simple connector and programed my remote.

I have one question on something that I don't understand. I used RM since KeyMaster does not have URC6960 to update IR.exe and uploaded the device AMP 1568 from file Durabrand_Home_Theater_System_(HT-3916).rmdu. I told IR.exe to assign it to the Audio key but it assigns it to the PVR key. When it get to remote, devices 5 and 6 are swapped.

I used code 990 to verify the settings. I would really like the AMP 1568 to be assigned to the audio key for that menu. It does not let me assign 1568 to the Audio key on the remote.

Any thoughts?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The earlier version of the RDF had the Audio and PVR entries swapped. I had sent an email to Nils a while back with a "corrected" 6960 RDF butI never checked to see if it got into the distribution.

I've uploaded the 6960 RDF that I use here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4872
rickgtx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I would never figured that out.

Another question....

In the older RDF the left, right, up, down are shared with front, center, rear, and test.

In this one the keys are separate. Can I program up and front differently since it is the same key on the remote?

Thanks again,
Rick
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you can program them differently as they have different key values for different screens.

I posted a list a while back ( but can't seem to find it now) of which keys are valid for which screens. In general, the Audio screens are where they are different, but there are a few exceptions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: