JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

very simple question i need your help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramymounir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: very simple question i need your help please Reply with quote

my request is very simple. i have slingbox pro connected to drembox 500.
i want to control the dreambox but the remote control codes offered doesnt work on the dreambox. i need the code or the file which i need to put on the sling player to be able to control the dreambox. If you please dont give me complicated details as i dont intend to be expert in this filed . i dont want details about remote master and bin files and this stuff. can you give me some very basic steps to get this done simply?

i tried to get this remote master and got some .ir files and i dont know what do to with and to be honest i dont wish to know.

my sling box pro number is : A2061105935

Thank you for your time and concern Very Happy
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the jp1 world.
I don't think you can avoid the tools that'll help you do what you want done and everything you never even though could be done Smile
Please review the beginner stickies with excellent instructions
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009

This section is specifically for the Slingbox
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=19

And the file section may well already have the upgrades you need.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: very simple question i need your help please Reply with quote

ramymounir wrote:
i dont want details about remote master and bin files and this stuff.

I'm sorry, but we can't help you. If the codes provided with your Slingbox don't work your device, you're ONLY option is to add them yourself, which involves using Remote Master, etc.

I would recommend that you try to convince Sling Media to add the codes that you need, otherwise you'll need to see if you can return your Slingbox.
ramymounir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: I am sorry Reply with quote

I didnt mean that. i kindly request a step by step easy enough for a newb like me to understand. i dont english speak english as a first language.
would you kindly help me do these steps?

ok i am willing to do what it takes. but i tried to follow the steps here and i didnt reach anything. like go to the tools page and then no details,. and i get lost in the tools page. what should i do?
ramymounir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: slingbox pro Dreambox 500 Reply with quote

I manaegd to downlaod a dreambox file .rmdu can you please emplain what to do with it ? and i also got dreambox file .ir which i also dont know what is it for. i tried to load the .rmdu file on remotemaster but i gor a message ( file loader error: No protocol foundwith name: PID 01 6c",ID=01 6cand variant name=""

in the top part of the remote master there is description field and remote with a drop down list. what should i choose? i tried to choose dreambox v1k but i dont think this is the correct answer.

can you please help me?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum which explains everything that you need to do.
ramymounir

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

??? whats the name of that sticky post? are you sure it is talking about what i need? ( making slingbox player control dreambox 500) ???
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the thread circled in red...

binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some ready made BIN files http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=87 that work with the Dreambox so you can try those out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: