JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Atlas DVR (day) IR/RF remote?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
careh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hocwww wrote:
Might this be this remote?
Atlas OCAP DVR/PVR
http://www.uei.com/category.php?page_id=67

I hope so as I just got this remote from TWC and wanted to set it up like my 8811.

Still need to make the 1.x cable as I read my old cable is not compatible, boy I have been out of the loop for a while.

The one pictured by you is different from the 'MTS' one I have as yours has a 'D' button just below and to the right of the arrow buttons.

Mine is the same as the middle remote pictured in the previous post - with the 'Settings' button on top of the arrow keys.

Also - if anyone is interested - I MAY be able to buy some of these remotes for $25 +taxes & shipping & send them to you as a way to get at the rdf file. I was able to buy one remote last week
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hocww
The one you have is most likely the Atlas 5-device PVR Day JP1.3 with learning if it is their latest one Coiuld be either rdf 30003000 or 30333033. Did you get it with a Scientific Atlanta 8400 DVR?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I read this thread:

careh has the "Atlas 5-Device PVR (Day)" remote (middle picture) - may or may not have learning, he hasn't specified - but it has a previously unseen signature 30323032; and

hocww has stated that he has the "Atlas OCAP DVR/PVR" remote (left picture) - previously unseen here and will likely have a new signature, as well.

Both will require creating new rdfs.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
hocwww

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn, The remote is the one you pictured. I hope to get the last of the parts and make the cable over the lond holiday weekend. Then I will get the signature off the remote and anything else that you guys need.

Speaker guy, I got the remote from TWC in Rochester NY with my SA 8300HD DVR. New TWC customer was with Dish forever...

I don't think TWC will sell me these remotes but I guess I could ask, being a cables company they like to rent them. Smile
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the best of my knowledge Capn, hocww probably has the same remote I sent you. It is the TWC standard pvr remote. I got them from TWC in Houston, who was just bought out by Comcast, and discontinued the remotes...
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respectfully disagree, s.g.

hocww has pretty clearly indicated that he has the newer model (the leftmost of the three pictured, UEIC is calling it an "OCAP" remote) with the extra "D" key and the separate "Menu" and "Settings" buttons, and not the 5-device PVR (day) model (middle picture) of multiple internal variations.

It doesn't really matter. Once he has his cable, he can download it and get its signature. Then rdf development will have to begin.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
hocwww

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn, you are correct.

Thanks all for the help, input, etc so far all.
careh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 is setting up a rdf file for the MTS remote. I have managed to do 'keymoves' on most of the remote keys & sent binky123 the resultant codes - however I can't get keymove to work for the following keys:

The 'master power' button at top right
The counter-clockwise arrow button just to the left of the 'list' button
The 'list' button
The 'live' button
The '#' (HD/Zoom) button (near bottom right)

Another issue is I can't get the remote to accept a macro in the typical keysequence I use on my R/S 15-1994 remote.

That keysequence is:
Press AUD (audio light flashes)
Press & hold SETUP until I get 2 flashes
Enter 995
Press the A Key (the key I want the macro stored on)
Press some keys -which should be memorised
Press and hold SETUP - but with the MTS remote it does not flash two times to indicate 'confirmed'.

And when I download the remote to the ir program - nothing is found under macros.

I did get one macro loaded - but I don't recall the keysequence I pressed as I was pressing all sorts of buttons trying to get it to respond after it did not repond to the 'Press and hold SETUP' after I entered in the macro sequence.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macros - Maybe your memory is full. Try with a "cleared" remote. Setup 981, 2 flashes...
The power key has a "lock" associated with it. Programming it is "funny". Do you have the manual for the remote?
careh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaker.guy wrote:
Macros - Maybe your memory is full. Try with a "cleared" remote. Setup 981, 2 flashes...
The power key has a "lock" associated with it. Programming it is "funny". Do you have the manual for the remote?

The memory was not full - but I will retry with the above 981 suggestion just in case.

I do have the manual for the remote - I'll take a look at it - the good old 'read the manual' might help eh?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe macros are limited to the POWER button, so try selecting that as your macro button.
careh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
As I read this thread:

careh has the "Atlas 5-Device PVR (Day)" remote (middle picture) - may or may not have learning, he hasn't specified - but it has a previously unseen signature 30323032; and

I have the remote manual & it describes learning using SETUP-975.
careh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Maybe macros are limited to the POWER button, so try selecting that as your macro button.

Robman - You are correct. The instructions talk of one being able to program the "Master Power" button by performing the following sequence:

Press & hold SETUP until you get 2 device flashes
Enter: 995

Press a set of keys - in this case I was able to enter 4 of the keys that I was unable to do a keymove on.

Finally press the "Master Power" button (not the SETUP button) to lock in the macro.

I was unable to do anything with the A B C keys - they are used for MTS TV special functions.

'A' is to set the set top box gateway id: link-a

'B' is to check the set top box gateway id: link-b

No idea what 'C' does.

The manual can be accessed here: manual link

So is it the case that this remote can only take ONE macro?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they have restricted macros to the MASTER POWER button for normal people, chances are good that JP1 users can program macros to most of the other buttons.

So, what is it that you are trying to do, are you just trying to get the keycodes for the last few buttons? Have you tried taking the remote apart? Sometimes they print the keycodes on the PCB. When they do, they use octal format, so what you need to do is convert the number from octal to decimal and then add 1. For example, if the printed code is S02, the decimal keycode would be 3, and if the printed code is S10, the decimal keycode would be 9.

Also, it's quite possible that those three buttons can also handle macros, so you should ry programming macros onto those buttons as a possible way of getting their keycodes.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done macros on A B C (and any other key, including device keys)without difficulty on a 10251025 and 30003000
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: