JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TV Remote Universal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valtea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: TV Remote Universal Reply with quote

Hello Guys,
I'm very new in electronics systems, and recently i have purchased a Universal TV Remote for my Onida TV. My Onida TV Remote got spoiled and i was using LG Remote for a while before i brought this Universal Remote. The universal remote that i have brought is a china made without a proper company. Only model name/number written is "Mainpower MPS600E"

The remote was working fine for a long time, and recently the battery ran out and i kept it with a low batter for a day and when i change the battery it stoped working for my TV though the indicator was blinking.
I remembered that when i brought the remote the sellar asked my tv model number and did some setting which i didnt paid much attention. Only thing i remember was that he was pressing the "Set" key and On/off (TV) key together, He is nowhere to be seen now.

Is there anyway i can programme the remote myself so that it work again for my TV?

Attached pic of the remote

johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the manufacturer's web page for that remote:

http://www.mainpower.com.cn/program/index.php?lang=en

I was hoping they would have an instruction manual online, so you wouldn't need to guess the programming instructions and the setup code number for your brand TV.

Unfortunately, that web page seems to be very sick. I can't get any of the links within the site to work.

Without the instructions, even if you can guess the button sequence to make the remote accept a setup code, I don't know how you could guess the setup code number for your brand TV.

You may need a new universal remote, and even then it may take some effort to find the right setup code number.
valtea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick reply. Maybe i'll try to mail the site admin for support.

My TV is Onida i think it should work for LG Tv too be cause i can use KG TV remote.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Onida TV in this LIRC file
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/onida/TVE_21
uses the standard JVC TV code set (TV/0053 in OneForAll remotes).

I don't have info on any other model Onida TV, and I doubt a LG TV would use that JVC code set.

How did you happen to discover that an LG TV remote worked the Onida TV? Or am I misunderstanding and it was a universal remote branded by LG?

I think LG just uses a few TV code sets, so if you got a new universal remote, it shouldn't be hard to try each of the LG TV code sets and find which works.

Another likely guess: Many LG TV's use RC5 protocol, device code 0. The basics of that code set (power, digits, CH+-, Vol+-) are shared with MANY other brands. Advanced functions (menu, pip, etc.) tend to differ between brands. So there is a good chance your Onida TV and your LG TV remote both use RC5 device code 0 and thus share all the basic commands, which might be all that mattered to you.

Any universal remote should have a few different setup codes for RC5 device code 0, any of which should get those basic commands right.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that the key combination used by the seller was to put this remote into a "search" mode whereby it cycles through the codes in its library until you find one that switches the TV on or off and then you press the Set key again to stop. Worth trying to press Set and Power together and pointing it at the TV and waiting 5 minutes or so, I'd have thought.

Alternatively, try Set/Power or any of various combinations you can think of and then look at the IR emitter LED through a digital camera as it should show up on the view screen if it is sending signals.
dzerakin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press "setup" button and "TV power" button at the same time, then release them. In the meanwhile work indicator light turn on. Input the 3-digit code that corresponds to you TV. When you input 1-digit work indicator will blink once. When the 3-digits inputted completely work indicator turns off. If the the work indicator blinks twice after that it means that 3-digit code is wrong so you have to input it again.
If you don not know 3-digit code for you TV try next:
*turn on your TV
*press "setup" button and hold it then press "TV" button
*release both buttons, work indicator will turn on if it doesn't repeat previous step again
*press "vol +" or "vol-" button then release it, if they work congratulations
press "setup" button and enjoy
*check other buutons if they don't work repeat proces again

Here are some codes 040,043,004,050,
If still doesn't work buy new remote Crying or Very sad
valtea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone knows the code for ONIDA or LG Tv (Btw i'm in India)
valtea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot 040 and 043 works.

Thanks alot that saves me lots of money Smile
valtea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
The Onida TV in this LIRC file
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/onida/TVE_21
uses the standard JVC TV code set (TV/0053 in OneForAll remotes).

I don't have info on any other model Onida TV, and I doubt a LG TV would use that JVC code set.

How did you happen to discover that an LG TV remote worked the Onida TV? Or am I misunderstanding and it was a universal remote branded by LG?

I think LG just uses a few TV code sets, so if you got a new universal remote, it shouldn't be hard to try each of the LG TV code sets and find which works.

Another likely guess: Many LG TV's use RC5 protocol, device code 0. The basics of that code set (power, digits, CH+-, Vol+-) are shared with MANY other brands. Advanced functions (menu, pip, etc.) tend to differ between brands. So there is a good chance your Onida TV and your LG TV remote both use RC5 device code 0 and thus share all the basic commands, which might be all that mattered to you.

Any universal remote should have a few different setup codes for RC5 device code 0, any of which should get those basic commands right.

Though i dont know much details (technically) about these, i happen to know that LG Remote works for Onida TV Just by trial method (borrowing neighbours remote and trying it). Some keys are not working like quick view (changing channls quicky) is assigned to swap channels etc... but basic functions works well (ch+, - , vol +, -, menu etc,)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: