JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sony RM-VL600 advanced codes?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
manuel

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: sony RM-VL600 advanced codes? Reply with quote

hi

please excuse me if my spelling is not correct ..

i just bought a sony RM-VL600 i want to control my denon AVR-3300
it works i done that already...
but it does not control the feature i need... (IT IS THE SYSTEM SETUP..)
i dont have the original remote of the reciever wich was RC-860..
its very expensive for me!! is there a way that i can programed the sony remote that i just bought to bring out this feature on the denon????
please adviced!

ps hopefully it is not to complicated.. becouse this is my first receiver and as you can see im not an expert!!!
so if its not to much trouble would you please explain to me step by step what i need to do...
i read the manual on the remote but there is nothing on advaced codes!!
only on learning codes but you need the original remote for that!!

thank you very much
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sony remote is not a JP1 remote and I don't believe you can program it with advanced codes in the same way that you can with a JP1 remote. You will probably need to get a JP1 remote instead. The most common brands for JP1 remotes that you would find in stores are One for All or Radio Shacks line of remotes. The One for All 8910 is fairly inexpensive and very popular around the forums.
manuel

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for your response i will buy that remote all for one...
once i have it where can i get the codes that i need?
or do you think that just by programing it would already have that code that i need?
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say off hand. If it doesn't have a code to control it built in then we have quite a few upgrades for various Denon receivers already available in our files section and one of them may work. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=9

As long as we can get a code that will at least partially control the receiver we can probably figure any missing codes to access all the features of the receiver.

If the built in code does not control all the features of the receiver you will probably want a cable so you can try uploading some of the already made upgrades.

You can order both the remote and an already made cable from rob http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=413
manuel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning is me again!

since i live in mexico it is very hard for me to find stores like radio shack or best buy etc....
i looked everywhere for that paticular remote that you recomended..
but could not find it....
BUT i founf another one and i bought it...actually i bought two
one of them is one for all URC-6131n
the other one is URC-6011

can either of this remotes do advanced codes for a denon AVR-3300??
and if so what is the next step i should take?

also if this helps i programmed the remote URC-6131n with the code 1360
thats the code that came in the manual and thats the one that controls part of the device....
for the other remote the URC-6011 this is the code that controls my denon. code 1160
i tried to programmed the remote with code 0004 0160 like i read on a link that brought me to this page but no luck!! :0(

am i missing something?
3.21 Denon receivers.

Thanks to Ross Merante (rossmer@yahoo.com), Bill Spahn (spahn@flash.net), and "Carey Sundberg" (careys@augustmail.com) here are the advanced codes for the Denon receivers, specifically the AVR-2800 and AVR-3300:

Most of the standard functions exist in the 0160 device code (like volume). However, there are a number of important functions also in the 0004 device code.

When an advanced code is programmed to a button, it will remain even after the device code is changed. Therefore, you should initially set the remote to 0004, program the missing functions using the advanced codes listed for 0004, then change (and leave) the device code to 0160 for the rest of the functions. Many of the functions are on the wrong buttons in 0160; therefore, you will most likely want to use the key mover to assign them to their proper location.

Denon RC-865 Device Button
Remote Button Code Code

Power Off 0160 248
Power On 0160 246
1 - DVD 0160 244
2 - VDP 0160 152
3 - Tuner 0160 023
4 - TV/DBS 0160 150
6 - Phono 0160 020
7 - VCR-1 0160 151
8 - CD 0160 027
9 - MD/TAPE 0160 088
+10 - VCR-2/V-AUX 0160 153
SHIFT 0004 151
CHANNEL "+" 0004 089
CHANNEL "-" 0004 087
SPEAKER 0160 119
DOLBY/DTS SURROUND 0160 251
DIRECT 0004 201
DSP SIMULATION 0160 249
5 CH STEREO 0004 106
STEREO 0004 199
INPUT MODE 0004 041
ANALOG 0160 219
EXT. IN 0004 039
MASTER VOL - UP 0160 054
MASTER VOL - DOWN 0160 056
MUTING 0160 058
TUNING - DOWN 0004 216
TUNING - UP 0004 214
TUNING - BAND 0004 085
TUNING - MODE 0004 218
TUNING - MEMORY 0004 155
SYSTEM SETUP 0004 234
SURROUND PARAMETER 0004 230
STATUS 0160 217
ON SCREEN 0160 213
CURSOR - UP 0004 228
CURSOR - DOWN 0004 235
CURSOR - LEFT 0004 189
CURSOR - RIGHT 0160 215
CH-SELECT/ENTER 0160 250
T. TONE 0160 120
OUTPUT 0004 023

this is what i followed it is really complicated for me!!
what i tried to do was programed my remote with 0004 or 0160 setup codes but non of them work only 1360 and 1160!!
this procedure i did afterwards rcv + set +994 + set + 234 (sist setup) and then chose a button nothing happend?? what am i doing wrong??

please help any help with this would be apreciated!!
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-6131n or URC-6011 aren't ideal for jp1 since they can not be hooked up to a computer with out modifications but they should be able do the advanced programming you need to add the missing buttons.

If I'm understanding you correctly the 1160 setup code will control your Denon receiver for the basic things like volume up and down. If so thats what we want to work with for the setup code for now.

Your process for programing the button seems to be correct and should have worked assuming the codes are correct which they look like they are. Did you try pressing that button after programing it?

What button did you try to assign it to?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bad news is that neither the audio/0004 or audio/0160 codes are in either of the remotes that you have. And while the audio/1160 code that Evan mentioned is in the URC-6011, and it should work your Denon, this code uses the Denon Combo protocol, which means that it doesn't support advanced codes.

So, bottom line, neither the 6011 nor the 6131 will work "as is" for programming advanced codes to your Sony remote.

Can you handle a soldering iron? If so, you could add an EEPROM chip and a 6-pin header (and a wire across the J1 spot in the 6011) to make either remote capable of being programmed using JP1. Then if you also build (or buy) yourself a JP1 cable, you can load the 0004 and 0160 codes into the remotes and you can then teach the relevant functions from the JP1 remote to the Sony remote.
manuel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both for your response!!
it is really helping me understand what im doing here!!
ok evan i will continue trying the 1160 code and i belive i was assining it to button number 3 since nothing was assign to it with the 1160 code ...
the other numbers where doing something like changing from cd, to tvdbs
to vdp ,dvd etc etc but not number 3 it wasent assing to anything...
and the light did blink twice at the end simulating that the code was correct. but still nothing happend afterwards...
ROD
thank your for the response .. since the remote controls that i bought where used!! since like i said i live in monterrey there is really no other choice thats why i bought them!! anyways since they were used i bet they traveled all arround the globe before they got to me so one of the remotes (not shure wich one) since im at work right now i dont have them with me has those JP1 pins a think they where about six of them!! i will let you now tomorrow morning wich one has the pins... so im asumming somebody install them previos to me owning it....
hopefully that will help me with this ...
PS tonight after work i will keep trying with the code evan told me!!!

thanks a lot guys you are smart people who are willing to help others
in other words you guys are cool!!
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately from what rob has said trying to do the advanced codes with the 1160 code isn't going to be successful. If one of your remotes already has the 6 pins in it it is at least part way to being modded to be hooked up to your computer. If you add an eeprom, if it doesn't already have one, and make a cable we can definitely get this working.
manuel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

men thats a shame!! but its ok hopefully it has that chip!! i now for a fact that it has those pins!! next to the battery says jp1 and i saw the pins there but how or where should i find that chip? and what does it look like?
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried this myself but did find some obvious resources in the hardware section.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2590

and

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2461

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1359
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the remote has pins, it most likely means that somebody sent it into OFA for an upgrade, so it will also have an EEPROM chip (probably a 1k chip, but that's not a problem).

The only reason that it would have pins WITHOUT a chip is because somebody tried modifying the remote themselves and didn't complete the operation.

Even if the remote has pins AND a chip, you will still need a JP1 cable to be able to program it from your computer.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm understanding the stuff I've read about these correctly you should be able to verify if it has the chip by simply doing a 981 rest.

a) press and hold SET, two flashes
b) type 981

If it does 4 short flashes it's seeing a chip and initializing it. If it does 2 short flashes and 1 long flash it's not seeing a chip.

This will erase anything programed into the remote so you will have to reprogram things.

Like rob said if it's got pins it was likely either sent back to OFA for an upgrade or modded by someone else so most likely functional. Just need a cable to upload an upgrade to control everything you need on your Denon.
manuel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess what guys!!! it did 4 short flashes!!

jeje its amazing what you can find at yard sales in mexico!!!

it has everything ... the next step is getting the cable???

ps the remote that has the chip is the URC-6031nwB00

is it call JP! cable? are they easy to find at computer stores?

thank you so much guys!! yujuuu sorry but im very happy about my remote!! i now there is a lot of better sistems in the us!!

but in my entire neighborhood everybody is impresed with mine!!
really home theater over here is just starting most of the people have thos sistems that are all in one box!!

thanks again guys i will wait for your answers
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

manuel wrote:
are they easy to find at computer stores?

No. You might find the parts to build the cable at a hobbyist electronics store (and instructions for building it are somewhere on the web site with this forum). But you won't find the cable in any store, only from the online vendors listed in this forum:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=4
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: