JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AKAI LCT2662 code for Pioneer XXD3056 & VSX-D912K

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brgbldr

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: AKAI LCT2662 code for Pioneer XXD3056 & VSX-D912K Reply with quote

I have a Pioneer VSX-D912K Audio Video Receiver and I have an Akai LCT 2662 LCD Monitor. I really want to use the Pioneer receiver's original remote because it has a lot of functions that I can't seem to find on any of the OFA remotes. Unfortunately I can't find any codes which work to turn it on or off. I lost the original remote for the Akai as well, and have not found a way to program it with any other remotes as of yet. I only use it as a monitor and I don't need any other functions aside from on/off. I have never done any JP-1 programming and would need some guidance on how to get started if that's what is determined that I need to do.

My questions are as follows I guess:

1) Is there a way to program the Pioneer remote to turn the Akai on/off?

2) If I can't program the Pioneer remote, then what's the most practical (cost & ease of use) OFA or other brand of remote that I can use which would still give me all of the functions available in the Pioneer?

Any other assistance/guidance would be appreciated as well, thanks!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I presume you have tried the Akai TV codes (1013 and 1074) from the owner's manual and they do not work? If they don't work, then this forum is unlikely to be able to help you customize your Pioneer OEM universal remote, as it is not manufactured by UEIC and is not a JP1-family remote.

As far as a JP1 solution, you're best bet (imho) is to buy a URC-8910 (or 9910 - adds an RF extender) and cable from Rob (see the top sticky post in the marketplace forum), as this remote has some of the most mature support currently available here, and the remote is still available. It seems to be popular amongst many folks for the number of buttons it has, and for its customizability - especially if you use a software hack called an extender.

The reading may seem intimidating at first, but once you start customizing your remote, you won't be able to stop. Wink

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
brgbldr

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the timely response. I was afraid that you'd tell me I couldn't upgrade the Pioneer remote. I must say however that after hours of searching the internet for a solution, I accidentally stumbled on the one feature that I needed. Interestingly enough my Pioneer remote WILL turn off my Akai TV if I press the "Tuner +" button when it's in TV mode... I know it's bizarre, but at least I have a code now which I can learn from on a OFA remote since my original one is gone. I haven't tried setting up my satellite box on the Pioneer remote, hopefully I won't lose this in the process.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

brgbldr wrote:
...Interestingly enough my Pioneer remote WILL turn off my Akai TV if I press the "Tuner +" button when it's in TV mode... I know it's bizarre, but at least I have a code now which I can learn from on a OFA remote since my original one is gone...
Uhh.. I thought your FIRST option was to control the TV Power from the Pioneer remote. It's interesting that you have found a function that does so, but if you are going to an OFA remote, then that is almost certainly immaterial and unnecessary.

Once you have a JP1-programmable OFA remote and JP1 cable, then you don't need your Pioneer remote to create that Akai signal, since there are PLENTY of Akai TV upgrades in the File Section, one of which is bound to provide you that function and many more, even without the OEM remote for the TV.

Welcom aboard the JP1 train!

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

brgbldr wrote:
my Pioneer remote WILL turn off my Akai TV if I press the "Tuner +" button when it's in TV mode...

Capn Trips wrote:
I thought your FIRST option was to control the TV Power from the Pioneer remote.

Maybe by "off" he meant exactly that, not "on/off". So that isn't quite what he needed for his first option.

brgbldr wrote:
if you are going to an OFA remote, then that is almost certainly immaterial and unnecessary.

Once you have a JP1-programmable OFA remote and JP1 cable, then you don't need your Pioneer remote to create that Akai signal, since there are PLENTY of Akai TV upgrades in the File Section, one of which is bound to provide you that function and many more,

Don't dismiss so quickly the value of one learned signal.

After you learn that signal into a JP1 learning remote and load it into the PC by JP1 cable, you can look at the decode of the signal. If one of the available Akai files is correct, looking at one decode would narrow down which one, saving a lot of test time. In the unlikely even none of them are correct, one learned signal decode is a great starting point for a moderate amount of testing to find all the signals.

If you decide some non learning JP1 remote (such as the 6131) has a better physical form for you (size, weight, button layout etc.) then you likely can manage without that decode or other learning. But if you pick a learning JP1 remnote (such as 8910) anyway, you might as well learn some signals (one Akai signal plus Sat, etc.) from your previous remote(s) and be guided by the decodes of those signals.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Don't dismiss so quickly the value of one learned signal.
I do not dismiss the value of a learned signal in a generic sense, but in this case, THIS compilation of Akai TV upgrades includes his SPECIFIC MODEL of TV, (specifically, upgrade TV02 in the zip file) so I figure if he's going JP1-ing, there is likely to be no need for learned signals.

Just for general info, it uses NEC1 96, Power is OBC 007, and the upgrade includes no discretes (although of course they may exist).

Amazon Firestick
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: AKAI LCT2662 code for Pioneer XXD3056 & VSX-D912K Reply with quote

brgbldr wrote:
I have a Pioneer VSX-D912K Audio Video Receiver and I have an Akai LCT 2662 LCD Monitor. I really want to use the Pioneer receiver's original remote because it has a lot of functions that I can't seem to find on any of the OFA remotes. Unfortunately I can't find any codes which work to turn it on or off. I lost the original remote for the Akai as well, and have not found a way to program it with any other remotes as of yet. I only use it as a monitor and I don't need any other functions aside from on/off. I have never done any JP-1 programming and would need some guidance on how to get started if that's what is determined that I need to do.

My questions are as follows I guess:

1) Is there a way to program the Pioneer remote to turn the Akai on/off?

2) If I can't program the Pioneer remote, then what's the most practical (cost & ease of use) OFA or other brand of remote that I can use which would still give me all of the functions available in the Pioneer?

Any other assistance/guidance would be appreciated as well, thanks!

I have the VSX-D912. The receiver's remote is a learning remote, so
can't you learn your TV's power function to the power button on your
Pioneer remote?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: