JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Symphonic 80GB PVR (NEC1)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mirx

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Symphonic 80GB PVR (NEC1) Reply with quote

So, I finally got a JP1 cable working on my second remote, an RCU810,
I had the remote learn codes from my Symphonic 80GB PVR. The remote was set to a VCR device, and I learned the number buttons to their matching buttons. This is what I got for 2 and 8.
What does this mean?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4589

Last edited by mirx on Tue May 22, 2007 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) That's not the way to post such info. The screen shots generally aren't needed and the .ir file should be in the diagnosis area and post its URL in your message.

2) Most of those signals look to me like you had weak batteries in the original remote while learning. Batteries can be good enough for a remote to work the original device but not good enough for the signals to be learned.

3) There is an obvious pattern to the OBC numbers in your learned digits, so I think you can just guess the OBC numbers for the ones that learned wrong:

1: 69
2: 70
3: 71
4: Learned wrong
5: 73
6: Learned wrong
7: Learned wrong
8: Learned wrong
9: 77
0: 78

The NEC1 device 135, subdevice 34 part of the decode is correct for all the signals (including the ones too badly learned to show it). All the "gap" decodes should be ignored. All you need for each function is the OBC number.

4) The wording of that error message in IR.exe is unfortunate. It makes it sound as if the developer of IR still wants to get more samples of these problem signals (to improve IR). I don't think anyone needs more samples whether or not anyone intends to improve IR (if any improvement is even appropriate for this aspect of IR). Posting a .ir file in the diagnosis area would be just to get help with the signals (as I provided already in my comments 2 and 3 above).

Last edited by johnsfine on Tue May 22, 2007 10:04 am; edited 4 times in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting an entire IR image in the body of a post is not really good form. The instructions in the screen shot you provided say:

Quote:
Please save this data and post it in the diagnostics section of the jp1 group, and post a message indicating that you have done so.

That's usually easier, neater, and more useful.

Anyways, most of the other learns are clean learns of NEC1 Device 135 Subdevice 34 signals with various OBCs, so it is reasonable to suspect that ALL of your signals will match those parameters. To get clean learns, you need to work on your learning technique.

I suggest you read THIS STICKY POST.

Note the first line about good batteries.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mirx

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I updated my original post.
I will try changing the batteries. I didn't realize they were weak, because, they worked on the PVR and the learning remote was learning the other signals. I'll try to used the OBC where I need it.

This was my first step in learning signals from the remote. Next I've got to figure out how to load all the signals I need into the remote.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: