JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

:?: Runco TV IR code, which protocol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hlyi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: :?: Runco TV IR code, which protocol Reply with quote

Happy holidays!

I were helping a friends setting up a system using 15-2104. Every device works with 15-2104 except a Runco Plamsa TV. It uses a weird variation of NEC2. Instead transmitting a repeative NEC code, it repeatly transmits two back to back NEC codes. It looks like:
[NEC lead-in] [NEC device code 1][NEC subdevice code1][button code 1][complement of button code 1] [NEC lead-out] [NEC lead-in] [NEC device code 2] [NEC sub-device code 2] [button code 2] [complement of button code 2]
The whole sequence repeats as long as the button is hold. And device code 1, sub device code1, device code 2, sub-device code 2, button code 1 and button code 2 don't have any correlation.

I'm wondering if any existing protocol (or hacked protocol) can support such device?

Thanks

-HY
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you happen to notice the IR frequency of these signals? Are they 38 kHz like normal NEC signals or are they 40 kHz? I'm hoping the answer is 40kHz because that would mean this is really a Pioneer signal.

I think the Pioneer Mix protocol would be the one to create this signal.

If you would post the device codes and command codes that are using in the signals, it's possible that you could use the Pioneer DVD protocol.
hlyi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Rob!

Yes, they are 40kHz. I did a quick check in KM. It has special protocol for 15-1994. But there is no special protocol for 15-2104, I don't know if it has been built into 15-2104 or nobody writes special protocol for it yet. Anyhow, here is a sample code:
AA 55 34 CB 0A F5 C3 3C
AA = first device code, 55 first sub device code
34 cb = first button code and its complement code
0a = 2nd device code, f5 2nd sub-device code
c3 3c = second button code and its complement code
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of Pioneer Plasma device upgrades at the of the old Yahoo JP1 forum (Files|Devices|TV). My guess is that Runco is just rebadging one of the Pioneer Plasma displays. You can probably spot check a few commands and it may save a lot of trouble.
hlyi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Jon. It works with Pioneer Plasma code.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: