JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Motorola DCT700 Code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bison15

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Motorola DCT700 Code Reply with quote

Charter in my area is offering a free "upgrade" to a Motorola DCT700 digital cable box. I have 5 RCA RCU810's and don't want to upgrade if the 700 is not compatible? I didn't find this model in the Files section. Can anybody help?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the new box doesn't respond to the old code, all you would need to do is learn the signals from the new remote in order to create an upgrade.

If it turns out that the new remote uses an unusual signal, we'll help you create the upgrade, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odds are, it's the same as all the DCT series. The native code is Cable 476. If you want to download something, look for the DCT-5100, 6200, 6412, etc.. The 64xx contain extra DVR codes. They may work with your 700 for features like OnDemand.

This is mine:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3840
dogdocrose

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Remote control will not change channels Reply with quote

I got new digital cable boxes to replace my analog ones and my sling remotes no longer work. I am just locked in to tviewing whatever channel the home TV is on. I have tried everything. Someone suggested a JP1 tool but I am a non techy and I have no idea what this entails. I have a sling Pro and a motorola DCT700/MX2 cable box. Can anyone help?
dogdoc
classicsat

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, the DCT700 uses standard Motorla cable codes, such as Cable 0476.
dogdocrose

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try that code and let you know if it worked. Thanks!
ctrodgers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Need IR Code for Motorola DCT700/US Reply with quote

I am attempting to set up a slingbox Pro. The preset code for my Motorola DCT700/US Digital Cable Box do not work with the Slingbox. I need to input the IR Code from the digital cable box into the Slingbox.

Does anyone have an IR Code or know the location of the IR COde for the aforementioned Digital Cable Box
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorola boxes all use the same set of codes, so you could try the DCT-6416 at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6586 or the QIP-7216 at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6852

Al
Tom B

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Motorola DCT700 cable box (Comcast) Reply with quote

Newbie,

I was given this website by a Slingbox forum. I have a Slingbox Solo but I can not find a remote that works. I have a Motorola DCT700 Cable box and a Comcast remote. The Slingbox on-screen remote selection shows another remote for the Motorola DCT700 cable box which does not work. If I put in any Comcast option or any other Motorola option, the remotes do not work. I did find the same Comcast remote under a different cable box, but it also does not work. Can JP1 help?

Thanks
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know the majority of Motorola boxes use the same codes so I would suspect the problem is more likely to be the IR Blasters. Have you checked they are actually working ( http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000042.html ). Are you sure they are pointing at the sensor on the device ?

And ignore the 'skin' that is displayed, that has absolutely nothing to do with your problem.
Tom B

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your note. I checked the IR blasters with my digital camera and they appear to be working fine. They are also pointed correctly.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help then I'm afraid. I just checked and that device definitely uses the standard Motorola code set, so any selection ought to work.

This Motorola Custom Remote I built is most people's favourite option (nearly 600 downloads and no reports it didn't work). Worth a try, although it uses the same code set so there is no reason it should be any better.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6586
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, everybody who's previously asked for a code for the DCT700 box has failed to come back and tell us if the code worked, so we don't know with 100% certainty that the DCT700 uses the same codeset as all the other Motorola STBs:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8160
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoying isn't it. All I can say is that the DCT700 was on the Harmony database and it decodes as the standard Motorola GICable protocol.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom B,
Do you have a actual physical Comcast remote that can control the DCT700?

If so, please blink back the setup code that is assigned to the Cable device button. That will tell us for sure which IR protocol is in use.

1. Tap CBL
2. Press Setup until 2 blinks.
3. Enter 990 (2 blinks)
4. Tap the 1 button, and count the number of blinks. This is the first digit of the setup code. No blinks means zero.
5. Tap 2, 3, 4, and 5, counting blinks after tapping each button to get successive digits of the setup code.

I expect that you'll see 01376, which is the setup code used by most Motorola boxes in recent Comcast remotes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: