JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

beginner with RCA VH915 AV switchbox remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: thanks 107 Reply with quote

107, thanks. I did open the file with your upgrade and it looks much better, I can see input and functions now. I did export it to my slingbox directory , but still no dice with controlling the power...but I think I'm really close!! I'll keep struggling along here, any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

HJ
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: thanks, 107 Reply with quote

107, great upgrade. I was able to open the vh915 file and can now see the input function controls , so I think the import was good. I did a quick run through uploading the file to my slingbox, but still no dice with the 'power' on and off control with any of the 4 codes, but I know I'm getting close!! I'll keep plugging along here, any suggestions are apprecieated.

HJ
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I just updated the bin file here give it a test.

Be advised 1 2 3 and 4 are the input selections. The 5 6 7 8 9 and 0 are false codes that rm made because there was nothing on them. So power should power it and 1 2 3 and 4 select what input source. If this one works then sleep was power on the other one.

(edit) I just opened the original txt file and the notes say sleep is power so it should work now. You can either use it or open the txt file and put the functions on whatever buttons you want.
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: bin file Reply with quote

Whompus, where do I but that file? the bin NO_915.

HJ
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: still trying Reply with quote

Interestingly enough, I seem to get as far as the control code setup screen in Slingbox, I even can get the 'current code' of S1001 like in the article, but the code is 'unavailable for this device' and so I can't test the power.

HJ Wink
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: bin file Reply with quote

HJ wrote:
Whompus, where do I put that file? the bin NO_915.

HJ
HJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: out of ideas Reply with quote

Well, thanks everyone for all your suggestions, I think I got pretty close, but I'm at a loss at this point. Robman (or anyone), one final question:
I do everything exactly as directed and I can see my device in the sling setup menu, but it always says the code (S1001) is 'unavailable for this device' . Any ideas? Any? ... or, does anyone know of another AV switch that works remotely and is easy to set up?... Well, so be it then....

Again, thanks

HJ
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not an expert on the SlingBox, but the only thing I can think of is that you've defined your setup code as SAT/1001, and in the SlingBox configuration screens you haven't chosen a SAT type device.

The other possibiity is that you've got a SlingBox with the JU chip but you're trying to use a PL upgrade (or vice versa).
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh. I think I see what you are doing now. The code S1001 is just a sample. And is for a sat device with setup code of 1001.

If you are using the bin file I made or if you use the txt file and export to bin in rm without changing the setup code and device type the code will be N0915. That's N zero 915. You will have to edit the cfg file accordingly. Meaning put the N0915 in the right string. Whatever string that is for video accessories.

The file goes in your sling folder like any other upgrade for the sling.
HJ

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: I'm in there! Reply with quote

Got it!!! Much props to Whompus, 107, the Robman...etc. My problem seems to have been the PL vs JU issue. According to the artcile (my IR blaster and serial #), my slingbox should have been PL but it wasn't, it works as a JU! Also, I used the the code as a 'cable' device with code C0915 and it WORKED!!!!

Thanks to the forum. BTW -- Whompus, if you've ever in Atlanta, GA and need your tonsils out, its on the house!

HJ - Otolaryngologist
whompus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you got it sorted. At least it was a learning experience. So next device you should have no trouble.
kathleen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: STILL CONFUSED ???? HJ CAN YOU EXPAIN IT TO ME.... Reply with quote

HJ
I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR QUEST TO CONTROL THE RCA SWITCHER... I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH THE SAME CONTROL OF MY DEVICE BUT I AM TOTALLY LOST. PLEASE EXPLAIN THE FULL PROCESS AND SUPPLY ME WITH THE CODES THAT WORKED FOR YOU. I AM SOMEWHAT TECHNICAL BUT THIS IS NEW & CONFUSING TO ME...
THANK YOU
HJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Change your box Reply with quote

Kathleen,
I once was able to get that particular box to work , but when I upgraded I to the next slingbox I lost the ability to control remotely. I had not been able to solve this problem for about a year, then I one night I had an epiphany...find another 'box' that can learn remote IR signals. Just so happens that radio shack makes such a box, and its recently been closing out (maybe phasing out) and so I picked up one for 30.00 (usually 60.00). It is the "RCA 4-way Component Video/Audio Switchbox", Catolog # 15-1927 . This box can learn any IR signal, so baskically get a box and choose ANY signal sent off by your Tivo (or other device), have the box 'learn' to respond to this signal as described in the manual, and switch from camera inputs 1 - 4 remotely that way, and don't even worry about trying to force the software to learn the box's codes. Also, BTW, the inputs on the box aare 'component' type, and most cameras are RCS (yellow video, and R and L audio cables). You can use the 'component type of inputs, just make sure that you be consistent with which cords go where (i.e., if you use the green input for your video sources into the box, use that same green output for your video out of the box (and into your Slingbox or other device).

Start looking around for this particular 'learning' box because I thinks it is discontinued, and some Radioshacks have them, some don't.

Hope all that helps.

HJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: