JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips 26PF8946/79 Screen Format Button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CollieJim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Philips 26PF8946/79 Screen Format Button Reply with quote

1. Device: Philips 26PF8946/79
2. Type of device: LCD TV
3. Year: 2005
4. JP1/UEI Remote: URC-9910
5. JP1 cable: Yes
6. Have original Remote: Yes
7. Checked file section: Yes
8. Checked Pronto: Yes
9. Partially working code: factory supplied 0054 and 1254
10. Learning remote question: Yes

I need the code(s) to select screen format. Using the original remote, pressing the button above the Up button, the Left button, or the Right button cycle through 7 formats:
4:3
Zoom 14:9
Zoom 16:9
Subtitle Zoom
Super Zoom
Widescreen
Full Screen

The URC-9910 appears ('Success' displayed) to learn the buttons. However when I try to use them I get the following results:
First press displays the current format.
Subsequent presses are supposed to cycle through the list but are ignored. Nothing displayed, nothing changed.

Could it be a protocol problem?

TIA
Jim
CollieJim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've learned how to use the power switch on the TV <groan> I have found that Philips_17PF8946-37_LCD.rmdu partially works. It also has the problem described above.

The format change function appears to be assigned to Up, Down, Left, Right, and Enter on the URC-9910.

Jim
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CollieJim wrote:
I have found that Philips_17PF8946-37_LCD.rmdu partially works. It also has the problem described above.

That doesn't sound likely. The problem you described happens with learned signals. It shouldn't happen with signals generated by an upgrade nor with signals generated by KeyMoves.

Did you delete the learned signals when testing the upgrade? If both the learned signals and the upgrade are in the remote together, the learned signals override the upgrade so you might just be retesting the learned signals.

By looking at decodes of learned signals you can figure out how to correct a partially working upgrade or how to patch the built-in setup code with a few keymoves. Either of those approaches (together with deleting the learned signals once you've saved the decode info) should fix the problems.
CollieJim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
I reset to factory this time before loading the Philips file and all is well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: