JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 Plug - on a Millenium 4 cable remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
varaonaid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: JP1 Plug - on a Millenium 4 cable remote Reply with quote

Hello,

I just found out by accident that the remote provided to us by the cable company is manufactured by One For All. When I looked for a model number in the battery compartment, I discovered a JP1 connection! I'm really excited about the possibilities that this opens up but I have a rather dumb question to ask. The JP1 connection has 6 copper pins sticking up. Is this ready for a JP1 cable or will I need to add a plug or modify the connection in any way? Sorry to ask such a basic question but I''m just learning about the JP1 world. Thanks a bunch in advance for your help! Very Happy
johann83

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your description, it sounds like the remote should already be JP1 compatible. Your standard JP1 cable connects to your PC parallel port on one end and that 6-pin JP1 header on the other. You may want to post any model number information from the remote here to make sure it is supported by the tools available. This information can typically be found in the battery compartment somewhere and be sure to include the revision (usually a B0x number etc).

Since I am far from an expert on cable box remotes, I can't really help you further, but there are several other people here that are very familiar with these type of remotes. Good luck.

Matt
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times with cable remotes you can't find any identification in or near the battery compartment. However, A good many of the current ueic cable remotes can be identified by comparing to the pix shown here: http://www.urcsupport.com/ Hold your mouse over the pix and you'll get the model name. Clicking on the pix will give a REAL CRUDE version of the manual.

Jim
varaonaid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Model Itentified Reply with quote

THanks for the info. I tried what you suggested (no, there's no model info anywhere on the remote/battery compartment) and the remote we have is the Millenium 4. Does this help with any more specific information or confirm it's JP1 compatibility?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime that you see the 6-pin connector soldered into the remote by the manufacturer, it pretty much confirms that the remote is JP1-capable (the lone exception are the new flash remotes, that we haven't tried tackling yet).

So, if you have a JP1 cable, just download the memory and see if IR.exe already recognizes the remote. There are several versions of the Mil4 floating around.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR will give you a choice between the B00 and B01_B04 rdfs. It doesn't yet include The B02. If you are experiencing difficulties using either of the other 2 rdfs, contact me and we'll see if you need a B02 rdf. If so, i can provide a "beta" which should holdyou over until the "official" version is ready.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: