JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with UEC7562/Thompson DTH211 DVD/Correct Protocol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveoram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Help with UEC7562/Thompson DTH211 DVD/Correct Protocol Reply with quote

I have dumped my saved virgin 7562 image to the remote and tried learning some of the keys so I could build a device upgrade for the DVD.
Examination of the learned keys showed it was THOMPSON protocol, Device 2. However, upon trying to use the keys I had learned I was getting only very infrequent operation of my DVD Player.
Unperturbed, I proceeded to make my upgrade using latest versions of RM and KM (Used pid004b in KM) with still no success. Looked through the forum and archives and saw a post about THOMPSON Dev 12 needing an offset of 16 adding, even though mine said device 2 I tried this - still no joy.
Further investigation revealled that THOMSON protocols may cause trouble because they toggle some of the bits on succesive presses - Could this be the problem I am having and if so has anyone any suggestions

Dave
daveoram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an addition, I have also tried the 0551 setup code as recommended by OFA - Same result. Also tried fresh batteries and also a complete new DVD player/Remote (The original one I bought would not receive signals unless you were about 3 feet away and pointed the remote down the front of the window (Bent IR detector I imagine)

Dave
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thompson does have a toggle bit, which probably is the reason you had problems using the learned signals, but an upgrade should get the toggle right.

In case there is something strange about those signals, you might want to post an eeprom image (saved file from IR.EXE) containing those learned signals to the diagnosis folder.

Meanwhile, I'll try to check the current status of Thompson in KM and RM (see what if anything special you need to do to duplicate what the decoder calls device 2).
daveoram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

File uploaded to diagnosis section at Yahoo (DTH211.txt). Thanks for offering your help

Dave
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two different versions of protocol 004B. The RDF file tells RM which version your remote has. I think those are correct, but I don't have any good way to test.

For Thompson protocol, the decoder displays two different EFC numbers for each OBC number. Those were intended to be for the two different versions of 004B. I think the first EFC is for the version of 004B in the 7562, but I'm not certain.

Did you use EFC or OBC when you created those upgrades? If the protocols.ini and RDF entries are right (I think they are but can't be sure) then using OBC's with RM is best because RM will know which version of 004B you have and how to translate OBC to hex command.

With KM, you should select LSB-comp as the Signal Style and use either dev 18 (2 plus 16 as described in the other thread) or dev $b4 (duplicating the fixed data RM would use). The low two bits of fixed data don't matter, so the BF from the first way is the same as the B4 from the second.

You should be able to use either the OBC or the first EFC on the functions sheet of KM (lsb-comp translation will convert between them correctlly if you ignore the last two bits of the hex command, which don't matter). If I'm wrong about which 004B you have then the second EFC (from each decode) is correct and KM can't translate OBCs.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried decoding your file with the decodeIR.dll from the JP1 tools folder and it doubles the value every OBC number and it only displays one EFC number. I don't remember that bug, but I must have fixed it at some point and forgot to upload, because my copy of decodeIR.dll doesn't do that.

For example, it display 92 as the OBC for power. The correct OBC is 46.

I'll try to package and upload a better decodeir.DLL today.
daveoram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting somewhere now you mentioned to divide the OBC by 2, Concentrating on the power key and that seems to work now, so I will move on to the rest of the keys.

Dave
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already uploaded the corrected DLL, so maybe that will make it easier (though dividing by 2 isn't very hard now that you know what the decode bug was. I'm sorry I left a bad copy of the DLL there so long and misled you.)
daveoram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All seems OK now, Will give it a proper test later

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: