JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA RTD258 HTIB Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBudMan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: RCA RTD258 HTIB Problem Reply with quote

Having a problem creating a device upgrade for a RCA RTD258 HTIB. As a test, I've learned some of the buttons from the OEM remote. Playing these back, they work fine. In IR, the buttons all appear to be decoded correctly. The protocol is identified as RCA, Device 12. However, when I create a device upgrade based on this protocol/device, it doesn't work. I was hoping someone could take a look at the IR file and, hopefully, help me understand what's going on.

I've posted the IR file at:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4450

The device upgrade I created is 1154.

Hope that's enough info. to get you started.

TIA
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I download your file, I get an empty file. Are you sure you loaded it properly?
TheBudMan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure enough, the site even shows 0 bytes for the size of the file. Not real sure what happened there, but if 0 bytes were uploaded, you'd think you would get an error message. Confused

Just tried again, using the same procedure as last time, and it seems to have worked:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4451.

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the file this time. What do you think of this system? I just read the reviews at Amazon and the concensus is that it stinks....

http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B000FCNA46?tag=j0df-20

Anyway, back to your question. I downloaded a file for a RCA RT2500 which shows that most of the functions do indeed use RCA device code 12 (though the inputs use different device codes, which is as expected with RCA).

I think in order for us to totally figure out where you went wrong here, we'd need to see the original IR file with the learned signals in it and the KM or RM upgrade file.

If you look at the upgrade in IR, you've got the same codes assigned to several buttons. For example, both VOL+ and VOL- are programmed with EFC 113, which I don't think is a valid EFC for RCA. I would expect the EFC for VOL+ to be 059 and VOL- to be 067 (both from device 12).

Maybe you should explain what steps you followed to create this upgrade.

Last edited by The Robman on Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheBudMan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't know much about the system, itself. It's a friend's, and I'm just trying to help him consolidate his remotes.

The IR file I posted has the learned signals in it. I learned them under the AUX device -- I didn't figure that mattered.

As for the EFC's being so whacked, I guess that needs some explanation. My real goal is to program this device onto a Comcast 3 in 1 Universal Remote Control. According to this link:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote

the remote is likely a URC-1068 (as it has the PIP keys). When attempting to program it, I used the URC-1067 rdf, as that was the closest I could find. Maybe that's the problem?

When the device upgrade didn't work on the Comcast remote, I didn't want to leave my friend w/o the Comcast remote, so I attempted to recreate the device upgrage on a spare 8910 that I have. Apparently, when I switched the remote type in RM, that whacked all of the codes? (Is that plausible? If so, why is that?)

Anyway, you are right, in the original device upgrade (for the URC-1067), VOL+ is 59 and VOL- is 67. That is also what is shown on the Learned Signals tab of the IR file I posted.

Here is the original device upgrade for the URC-1067 (from RM):

Upgrade code 0 = 2C 82 (DVD/1154) RCA RTD258 HTIB (RM v1.77)
14 00 FE FE FE 81 CF 30 CF 31 CF 32 CF 33 CF 34
CF 35 CF 36 CF 37 CF 38 CF 39 CF 2F CF 2E CF 3F
CF 2D CF 2C CF 3B CF 15 CF 1F CF 1D CF 1C CF 19
CF 17 0F AF CF 27 CF 94 CF 08 CF 63 CF 62 CF 64
CF 65 CF F4 CF 06 CF 3C CF 1A
KeyMoves
AA F0 04 24 82 6C 75«audio»¦
91 F0 04 24 82 72 6A«dvd»¦
92 F0 04 24 82 72 65«tuner»¦
93 F0 04 24 82 6C 6B«usb»¦
99 F0 04 24 82 6C 4E«aux»¦
90 F0 04 24 82 6C C2«sleep»¦
8C F0 04 24 82 6C BD«disc menu»¦
8E F0 04 24 82 6C 45«subtitle»¦
84 F0 04 24 82 6C 8F«random»¦
02 F0 04 24 82 6C 95«memory»¦
1E F0 04 24 82 6C 55«zoom»¦
1C F0 04 24 82 6C B0«angle»¦
26 F0 04 24 82 6C 70«subwoofer»¦
25 F0 04 24 82 6C 77«eq level»¦
24 F0 04 24 82 6C 9E«surround»
End

Hopefully, I've given you enough info to work from this time. Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply changing remotes wouldn't affect the EFCs that you have entered. Are you sure you entered the correct EFCs in the EFC column?

If you created an RM file for this, please post the actual file in the Diagnosis Area and post a link to it, then I'll be able to tell what you did wrong.
TheBudMan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I thought I could shortcut the process by just embedding the upgrade code in the post. Per your requset, here's the RM upgrade file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4456

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RMDU file that you just posted uses the "RCA Combo (Official)" protocol whereas the IR file that you posted uses the standard RCA protocol, so this isn't the exact upgrade file that was used for the IR file you posted.
MrUniverse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been a long time since this post was active.... can somebody please provide me with the hex code fro this controller so i can create a "virtual remote" through a phone app i have, ive tried downloading both the files highlighted in this topic however i cannot open them with any of my programs i have for programming these old comcast remotes to do what they werent meant too.

just looked and the remotes are 27 dollars, for a unit i got for free "center channel shorted out, common problem with these units" i just cannot justify paying 27 dollars when i can get a better unit for 100 more dollars then i currently have at walmart
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To program a Comcast remote, you will need a JP1 cable, but I'm guessing that you don't have one. Which model of Comcast remote do you have?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: