JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can someone program my remote for me?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HendianaJones

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Can someone program my remote for me? Reply with quote

I bought a JP1 compatible remote at a CompUSA closeout sale this past weekend. Can I mail it to some for it to be programed? My mother and grandmother have a Sharp Linytron TVs that needs the 0165 code that is not available on universal remotes.

One question I have is will the reprograming be erased if the batteries are taken out?

As you can see I don't really understand how the reprograming of the remote is done.

Can someone please help me so I don't have to buy a JP1 cable?
floyd1977

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which JP1 remote do you have? If the remote has a built-in modem (like URC-8910 for example), you can call UEI and they'll send you an upgrade over the phone, or someone could give you a .wav file you could use to upgrade your remote without the need of a JP1 cable.

By the way, you will not lose an upgrade by taking the batteries out.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone program my remote for me? Reply with quote

HendianaJones wrote:

Given that a JP1 cable would set you back $15, would I be correct in assuming that you're hoping to find someone that would charge less than that to do all the programming for you (including shipping)?
floyd1977

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Can someone program my remote for me? Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
HendianaJones wrote:

Given that a JP1 cable would set you back $15, would I be correct in assuming that you're hoping to find someone that would charge less than that to do all the programming for you (including shipping)?

Not to mention the fact that he will already have the JP1 cable the next time he or his mother or grandmother buy a new piece of equipment for which the remote does not have a pre-programmed code.
HendianaJones

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: I'll do it myself. My remote is a ReplayTV Reply with quote

Alright, I'll order the cable and program the remote myself. Please don't tell me if any of you have a pecuniary interest in selling cables and just want me to buy one. I have a ReplayTV remote. Is this one able to be programed?

Another question. My Mom has a All for One remote at home. Are all All for One remotes JP1 compatible?
floyd1977

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: I'll do it myself. My remote is a ReplayTV Reply with quote

HendianaJones wrote:
Alright, I'll order the cable and program the remote myself. Please don't tell me if any of you have a pecuniary interest in selling cables and just want me to buy one. I have a ReplayTV remote. Is this one able to be programed?

Another question. My Mom has a All for One remote at home. Are all All for One remotes JP1 compatible?

I don't sell JP1 cables. It just seems that buying a cable would be faster and more cost-effective and than paying postage to ship your remote to someone everytime you want to re-program it.

According to the remote chart available at:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2981

there are two Replay remotes that are both JP1 remotes. I don't know if either one of them are yours:

Model Brand Name JP1 Connector
Replay Remote Panasonic Showstopper Yes
Replay TV 5000 Sonic Blue Yes

Not all OFA remotes are JP1 remotes. See the linked chart above to see if the particular remote you're talking about is JP1 capable.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: I'll do it myself. My remote is a ReplayTV Reply with quote

HendianaJones wrote:

I do sell cables, but only to people buying remotes, so no, I'm not looking to sell you a cable. I was just trying to put some perspective on the amount of money you were looking to save. I would be willing to program your remote for you for a fee, but it would end up costing you more than if you were to buy a cable.

As long as your ReplayTV remote isn't one of the ones that came with the 4000 series of machines, it is JP1 compatible. (ie, if it's one of the black 4 device remotes that came with the older units, or it's one of the silver remotes that came with the 5000 and 5500 series, you're good to go).

Not all OFA remotes are JP1 compatible. Generally, the cheap ones are not and the mid-priced and up models are. Have your mom look in the battery compartment to see if there's a 6-pin connector, if there is, it's JP1 compatible. Alternatively, tell us what the model number is and we'll look it up.
GLT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"pecuniary interest"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Been a while since I heard that term - even now it still sounds FUNNY!

But if you really want someone to do it for you, please see this post:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8156

But you'll like JP1, it should be really easy, especially if you can spell "pecuniary".

GLT

EDIT: Lawyer jokes removed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLT wrote:
But if you really want someone to do it for you, please see this post:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8156

You sure you posted the right link GLT? Question That link takes us to a post where a guy's selling a remote.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but he says he'll "pre-load" a configuration as well. Sounds like an offer to program, does it not?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
GLT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Capn said.....

GLT
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: