JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I think I'm half retarded...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spykedvodka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: I think I'm half retarded... Reply with quote

I've had my Slingbox Pro for a week now and I love it. One thing is bothering me and that's that I can't get it to control my TV for the love of God.

I have a 32" LCD TV. It is a Polaroid and the back sticker says:

Product Number: FLM-322B
Model Number: 3220

I'm dumb struck with this stuff. I have been trying to find out your brilliant coding system and how to get it to work for a week now, and no luck...

I'm basically asking if anybody knows how to get this TV to work with my SlingBox Pro or if somebody has some extra time if you could assist me with attempting to figure it out.

I'm about to give up. Thanks for consideration.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try one of the device upgrades in the file section that are designed for the Slingbox. Here is one that may work.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2284

You will have to get into jp1 a little to understand the tools. Both here and on the sling community there are instructions for adding your own remote codes.

However, if you can't get any of the remote codes in the SlingPlayer to work first make sure that the IR emitter is pointing correctly at the TV IR receiver.
spykedvodka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I seen that file. I don't get how to get it to work though.... Even get it on my SlingPlayer. I'm so confused with this it's unbelievable.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Slingbox is not designed to work with TVs, the theory being that you're using your laptop to watch a device such as a Tivo, etc.

However, if you want your Slingbox to be able to control a TV set, when you create the upgrade for your TV you may need to format it as a CABLE or SAT upgrade instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: