JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with ReplayTV 5040 remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now for the hex codes, In keymap for my receiver they are 48 and C8 but when I use the code calc spreadsheet, it generates them based on the extender and not the device and says they are 04 and 05. Am I missing a step here? How does it eventually know to issue the 48 and c8 codes? Uploading my file for your review now..... Thanks!
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filebug wrote:
Now for the hex codes, In keymap for my receiver they are 48 and C8 but when I use the code calc spreadsheet, it generates them based on the extender and not the device and says they are 04 and 05.

The extender refers to the button codes (04, 05), not the functions (48, C8). The functions must be defined in the setup code.
OKCrew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have a ReplayTV (RTV 5504) and like the remote. I only need a couple of functions changed. I have a JVC RPTV 56wp30 and E* 6000 HD sat box.

I would like to add the input toggle of my tv to the Input button of the RTV remote. I would also like to add my SD/HD toggle of my E* 6000 remote to the Display button of the RTV remote.

Is it possible I may not even need to use JP1 as both devices are currently operated by the 5504 remote? The 5504 remote changes E* channels via code 0775c and my tv is programmed in for volume and on/off toggle.

If I do need to use JP1, is the above possible?

If not would you suggest a modified 6131 with JP1 cable as best setup?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is that you WILL need a JP1 cable assuming it is the same remote that came with the RTV_50x0 series. You can't do key moves among other quirks so it will take a device upgrade to change a button assignment.

Some thoughts, why assign the video toggle? I am pretty certain that the JVC RPTV has discrete input commands so you can issue a command to the exact input.

You will probably also need an extender which will give much greater flexiblity.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, most likely Mark is correct and LKP is remote specific, so what I am proposing will most likely fail. But, if one were to rely on the facts rather than forge onward, where would men like General Custer be?

Here is my strategy for using a long-press enter key as a toggle that converts the replay-guide and channel-guide keys into vol- and vol+ keys.

enter key is a macro as follows:
shift-enter (cloaking) then call the keymove on phantom1

phantom1 is a keymove that is a LKP. for the short key press it does nothing, for the long key press it calls shift-phantom1

shift-phantom1 is the toadtog that just toggles toggle bit 0 and does nothing else.

replay guide is a keymove that is a toadtog that checks if toggle0 is on or off. if it is off, it calls shift-replay-guide (cloaking), if it is on, it calls vol-

channel guide is like replay guide but for vol+

the nitty gritty:

macros:
ENTER: SHIFT-ENTER; PHANTOM1

keymoves:
phantom1: tv/1106 60 BA
shift-phantom1: vcr/1800 00
replay-guide: VCR/1800 81 05 8A
channel-guide: VCR/1800 81 04 89

now I will go see what trouble I can stir up in the image you uploaded.
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modified the image you uploaded into the diagnostics area, and then I uploaded the new modified image to 00_ReplayTV5000_VolToggle.txt if you would like to try it.

Rarely do things I touch work on the first attempt. 8) If it does work, we should call the pope because it is a miracle. If it does not work, it might be worth trying different toadtog or LKP protocols for other remotes, and if that fails, perhaps, someday, someone with real talent will modify the LKP protocol to work with the replay 5000 remote. If I had the talent, I would try to fix it. Smile I really would.

Oh, if it works, when you are in replaytv mode, and press the enter key, your replay-guide becomes vol- and your channel-guide becomes vol+. we could do something similar for mute too. dont forget to press the enter key again, after the volume is to your liking, to untoggle the keys so you can use your replay and channel guide buttons again.

Good Luck,
-Steve
OKCrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong, thanks for the info. Yes, I thought I probably would need the JP1 cable. The tv may have descreet codes for the inputs but if I use the 5504 remote I would prefer to use just 1 key. I can toggle to the correct input. Of course if I go the 6131 route I will have more options.

What I want to do is watch all SD programing on the JVC input 2 (RTV) and toggle to input 3 (6000) to watch ED\HD programming and switch my 6000 box to HD component output. I have to do this even for my local digitals as the RTV cannot do subchannel mapping.

I had no problem before adding the RTV as the 6000 outputs SD or HD but not both at the same time. I had both going to the same input of the JVC.

I'm still confused as to if the 5504 remote can be programmed via the JP1 to have the JVC input toggle on the Input button and the 6000 SD\HD toggle on the Display button.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, someone will correct me if I am wrong but without using an extender (which I strongly recommend on this remote), you only have three physical keys to control in the TV device: vol+/- and mute. So you could do a TV device upgrade and place the Input toggle on the mute button and the Vol+/- on the Vol+/- keys (since you can't do keymoves). You may be able to change the TV to a VCR device and get more keys, but I am not sure without an extender.

With an extender there are something like 12 devices and you can make the device button any key. I think macros are probably the best way to get the functionalty. For example you could place a macro on the Replay key that turns the replay On, sets the TV discrete input 2, selects the right audio input on your receiver etc.

You could then put another macro on the TV button that would set the component inputs on the TV, etc.

This is close to what I did on my 5040 remote. The remote can do many things limited by:
1)1KB of memory (most JP1 remotes have 2KB),
2)You can't do key moves, and
3)A limited number of physical buttons.

-Jon
OKCrew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon, I'll have to read up more on the extender.
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I tried the file and the toggle did not have any affect on the remote or how buttons function. From what I see this was based on the LDKP protocol which I figure just doesn't work with the RTV 5k remotes. Maybe someday it will be upgraded to support this remote.

Is this the only solution to setting up a toggle button for this remote? Thanks!
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

How about this then:

the enter button does enter and also flips the toggle, no LKP.

this should work. the only disadvantage is that every time you press enter, even when you are not trying to adjust volume, it will flip the toggle. so get in the habit of pressing enter twice when you are using it as the enter key. for example, to go to channel 79, do 7-9-enter-enter. when you want to adjust the volume however, do enter-(replay/channel guides)-enter.

try this new file: 01_ReplayTV5000_VolToggle.txt

My fingers are crossed,
-Steve
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filebug wrote:
From what I see this was based on the LDKP protocol which I figure just doesn't work with the RTV 5k remotes.

Hmmm... where have I heard that before? Rolling Eyes

As far as I can tell, the LDKP is NOT available for the R5K at this time. The Extender Code Calc spreadsheet only lists the DSM protocol for it. I don't think it would be hard to come up with one, but that'll have to be done by someone more knowledgeable about the R5K and its extender than I am.
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.... I think I heard someone say that. Just like the kids...have to learn the hard way. Oh well, maybe someday.

I'll give that new file a try and let you know. Thanks!
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom the filebug,

don't forget to activate the extender right after you load it, and also if you change the batteries you may have to activate it also. usually to activate it you press the power key and you should get 4 blinks.

if you did not activate it the first time with the first file, try that file again Smile

Happy Chanukah,
-Steve
Filebug
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the extender was activated both times and this one didnt work either.

I am confused with this. Is this still working on the 1106 device and $01F9 protocol? If this is for the LDKP then this will never work as it is now right? Also, please explain where the 3 hex codes on each key move came from. Sorry if I am being thick!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: