JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic MultiLaser Disc Player / Karaoke Processor LX-K680

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Panasonic MultiLaser Disc Player / Karaoke Processor LX-K680 Reply with quote

As per subject, looking for Upgrade for:

1. Device: Panasonic MultiLaser Disc Player / Karaoke Processor LX-K680
2. Type of device: LD/CDV/CD player & Karaoke processor
3. Year: unknown
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-8811/8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes (closest match is Panasonic LD player LX-H670)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes (same closest match as above)
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a

Extra request: if someone happens to have a User Manual for this device or can point me to the right direction for where to get it, could you please reply here. Many thanks.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did you try that upgrade from the file section that you reference above? I would be very surprised if it does not work. Panasonic would have no reason to have different codes for such similar units (unless there is a "unit code" setting of some sort to differentiate betweeen multiple units in the same AV setup, in which case the user manual would probably be even more critical).

If so, did you remember to assign the upgrade code to a device on the setup page in IR before uploading to your remote?

If you HAVE tried it and it still does not work, then upload your KM or RM file and your IR file to the diagnosis area and provide a link here, and someone will have a look for a simple mistake (hopefully).

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I remembered a thread about a Panasonic Karaoke processor at RemoteCentral.

To the extent I recall, that thread claimed the functions of the device that matched those of the similar LD player were a minor subset of the device's total function. It claimed the other functions were complicated and dangerous. That a non expert would likely do permanent damage to the device in any attempt to learn how to control the advanced features, even more so if you needed to start by randomly testing OBC numbers (with a Pronto and MakeHex and IrPanels, which is easier than doing so with an 8910, but no more nor less dangerous).

I tried a few simple searches at RemoteCentral and couldn't pull up that thread. I don't know why I couldn't, because there aren't many threads that mention Karaoke at all (even if you include some other spellings) and it should have been one of those but wasn't.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, you MAY be right, but I suspect you may be thinking of THIS THREAD about an apparently sensitive PIONEER Karaoke LD model. And even in that case, it was a particular model, whereas the majority of PIONEER Karaoke LD players were apprently not so at risk. I don't recall any such threads about PANASONIC LD players.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reread that thread and didn't see enough similarity to what I remember reading.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm misremembering and the other thread was Pioneer, not Panasonic. But I really don't think I'm misremembering that it was at RC, not here; That the universal remote being discussed was a Pronto, not a UEI; That the unfriendly expert giving the information was not James, and that he was more confident of all the details than James was in that thread, but no more helpfull.

I hope my memory isn't THAT bad. An unhelpfull expert certainly figured heavily in both threads. But that isn't as rare as it ought to be.

Of course I don't recall model numbers. If the Panasonic of this thread does not have the risks of that/those other device(s) then trying other OBC codes should solve the problem.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember if you posted in the thread at all, and if you did, do you think you would have used the word "Karaoke" in your post? This might help limit the search.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a couple occasions recently I remembered an RC post that was relevent to a new question and remembered a pair of words that were certainly in that post and otherwise rarely together. I did the search for those two words and got a few hits but not the right one. Then I did the search for just the less common word and got lots of hits but not the right one. Later I found the right post a different way and saw that it did in fact have the two words I had expected.

The search engine at RC is not perfect. It seems to miss a few threads and it seems to hit a few that don't really include the requested words.

So far as I recall, I gave my typical MakeHex advice at the beginning of the thread before the complexity of the problem became clear, and after that I just read. I really don't think the word Karaoke was in my post, but I'm pretty sure it was in the first post and in the unhelpfull expert replies.

Anyway, we seem to be getting quite far off track for this thread. Sorry I brought it up.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
So did you try that upgrade from the file section that you reference above? I would be very surprised if it does not work. Panasonic would have no reason to have different codes for such similar units (unless there is a "unit code" setting of some sort to differentiate betweeen multiple units in the same AV setup, in which case the user manual would probably be even more critical).

If so, did you remember to assign the upgrade code to a device on the setup page in IR before uploading to your remote?

If you HAVE tried it and it still does not work, then upload your KM or RM file and your IR file to the diagnosis area and provide a link here, and someone will have a look for a simple mistake (hopefully).

No I haven't tried the LX-H670 upgrade yet, for the simple reason that even if it works, I still will be missing a lot of karaoke button functionality, and will have to "experiment" with the other codes to guess the buttons.
And now, after having read all this "scary" stuff in this topic, I really don't know if I should... :-))) Nah, just kiddin... I'll try it tonight and let you guys know of the progress... Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

How 'bout the User Manual? Does anyone know the good web place to ask for it? (Don't suggest Panasonic - been there... useless)
digital_silence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking News:

Tried LX-H570 upgrade loaded into my URC8811 on the device in subj - LX-K680.

Common buttons all work (Power, Play, Stop, FF, Rew, Eject etc.) Obviously, as LX-H570 is NOT a karaoke processor, a lot of required buttons for LX-K680 are missing in that upgrade...

Now, I guess, I'm up for exciting exersise of trying all other OBCs to find the ones working for karaoke functionality. Wish me a good luck... :-)))
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: