JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which RDF for RS 15-1995 with extender 1.2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richierich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Which RDF for RS 15-1995 with extender 1.2? Reply with quote

I am trying to program my brother's Radio Shack 15-1995 remote while I am visiting for Christmas vacation. I downloaded the extender 1.2 and found a disconcerting problem. The extender comes with an RDF [RS70RS70 (RS 15-1995 7 in 1 wTime & Extender Support).rdf] that RemoteMaster 0.81 will not load (provides a prodigious list of java errors when you try to load it). The latest list of RDF's [1.10] contains two RDF's that work with both RemoteMaster and IR4.01, but it is unclear if one of these is meant to go with this extender. The two RDFs are [RS70RS70 (RS 15-1995 7-in-1).rdf] and [RS70RS70 (RS 15-1995 7-in-1 with More Memory).rdf]. I have been attempting to use the latter but when I try to enter a device code that contains keymoves I get an error
Quote:
List index out of bounds (-1)

Hence I believe that this must not be an appropriate RDF. Of course, I get the same error when I try to use the default RDF. I'm sure you can see that I am confused about what to do here.

I suppose that it would be appropriate to point out that there is also a typo in the upgrade protocol for the extender 1.2. I believe the line of
Quote:
@0265
is not supposed to be there.

A little help would be greatly appreciated!
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just built one for you and put it in the jp1/Files/RDF Files folder called
    RS70RS70 (RS 15-1995 7 in 1 wTime & Extender Support).rdf

All I did was take the one from the extender and upgraded it for RM and IR. It should work fine for you so let me know if it is OK and I will put it in the next RDF distribution.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Which RDF for RS 15-1995 with extender 1.2? Reply with quote

richierich wrote:
I suppose that it would be appropriate to point out that there is also a typo in the upgrade protocol for the extender 1.2. I believe the line of
Quote:
@0265
is not supposed to be there.

Hopefully the RDF the Nils created helped you out. Extender 1.2 was written before RM even existed (back in the days when we walked uphill to school both ways Smile ), so that's why the RDF's were wrong. The @265 line is a typo -- it's generated by the assembler I use and shows where the code should be loaded. It is safe to ignore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: