JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete off for Yamaha DVD-S5650?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerald

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Discrete off for Yamaha DVD-S5650? Reply with quote

Anyone have a device/efc code for discrete off for the Yamaha S5650 DVD player? It's frustrating that my turn system off macro almost works except for this component. Crying or Very sad
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if a discrete off does not exist, you could always make one using toadtog.
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Discrete off for Yamaha DVD-S5650? Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
Anyone have a efc code for discrete off for the Yamaha S5650 DVD player?
Gerald,
If you do not want to mess with toadtog, have you tried sending efcs to your dvd player? you know, set-0-0-0, set-0-0-1,set-0-0-2.set-0-0-3,.....set-2-5-4, set-2-5-5? See if any of them give you "discrete off" or any other functions you didn't know about (discrete inputs for example).

Do you know what protocol the yamaha is using? Do you have a JP1 cable? Which universal remote do you have? Does it have a learning feature? Do you still have the OEM yamaha remote?

Happy Chanukah,
JP1Files
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had only downloaded a few of the many available CCF files for Yamaha DVDs. I might download some more later.

Some of them use RC6 protocol, device 4 (same as DVD/0539) and have power toggle as OBC 12 (EFC 050). I don't see any discrete codes for those DVDs, which just means the authors of those CCF files didn't find them. It doesn't necessarily mean they don't exist.

Many other brands of DVD use RC6:4:12 as power toggle. Several of those have discrete On using OBC 63 (EFC 187). Those do not seem to have any discrete off.

Other DVDs which use RC6:4:12 as power toggle use RC5x device 4, subdevice 12, commands 1 and 2 as discrete on and off. I think Jon suggested earlier that only Marantz brand does that. I never searched for exceptions.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of the Yamaha DVDs that don't use RC6:4 use NEC1:124 (DVD/0545). I don't see any discrete commands for those in the CCF files, so if you have one of those, your only way to find the discretes (if any exist) may be trying all 256 commands to see what they do.
Gerald

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, I do have a JP1 cable and the RS 2116 remote and have just started into the programming thing over the last couple of days. I have checked Yamaha's site for discrete codes but they only provide codes for a limited number of playes few of which have a discrete on or off so I was hoping to get lucky.

To be honest, being new to this I hadn't even considered just running through all the EFCs so I'll give that a shot. I'm currently using 0539 as the device code and it seems to work reasonably well other then a lack of discrete on and off.

I considered the toag approach, unfortunately both my wife and son tend to turn devices on and off directly rather then use the remote so the toag would not be as effective as using a discrete on or off.

This JP1 stuff rocks though, hard to believe you can get such a programmable remote for a mere $30, makes me glad I didn't blow a wad on one of those $200 remotes.

Thanks again for the advice and assistance,

Gerald
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If EFC=187 works for On then Off could be EFC 171. Also there is a classic workaround for many DVD's. From Off many will turn On only with the Play command. So a macro for Play|Stop=On and Play|Power Toggle=Off
Gerald

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, I did not find a discrete off efc however the play|off macro does the trick. Thanks again for the assistance.

Gerald
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: