JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dlink DSM-320RD and One4All 6131B00
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3747
geobrick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have not done any experimenting with the tools here. I'll learn how to do it and let you know how it goes.

GB
geobrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: It works Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone here who contributed something to this project. It made a great remote control even better. It's really so much better than those fancy expensive remotes.

I made the simple parallel cable and it worked great.

One thing to note is that the DSM-520 uses device code 8. I found this by using someones RMDU file. Since that file did not seem to have all the proper codes mapped for the DSM-520 remote I tried the test The Robman outlined.

Once I had the right device code, I was able to create a proper code map for the 6131. I will upload my results which maps all functions except for two.

Thanks for the tools on this site. I used Key map master, IR.exe and remotemaster (just to reference someones rmdu file).

I have one remaining question. OFA upgraded my remote with Oppo DVD player code 0575. They did not map any functions to the CC or Audio buttons. I tried to keymove a function from another device to one of those keys but it will not take. Is there a way to modify their upgrade? Can I export it from IR.exe into key map master?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: It works Reply with quote

geobrick wrote:
I have one remaining question. OFA upgraded my remote with Oppo DVD player code 0575. They did not map any functions to the CC or Audio buttons. I tried to keymove a function from another device to one of those keys but it will not take. Is there a way to modify their upgrade? Can I export it from IR.exe into key map master?

RM has a feature where you can import raw upgrades and it will figure out the details. However, I would recommend that you take a look at the 5 upgrades that we already have for Oppo DVD players to see if they work for you as they are already formatted...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=5&sort_method=file_name&sort_order=ASC&start=239
geobrick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: It works Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I would recommend that you take a look at the 5 upgrades that we already have for Oppo DVD players to see if they work for you as they are already formatted...

Thanks, I will. I'm not sure how the functions in KM are mapped to buttons. It seems there are a lot of functions listed that don't easily translate to my 6131.

I realize the difference between functions and buttons but how, when you apply a code to a function withing KM, is it associated with a specific button? The upgrades are always designed for specific OFA models and the buttons are not always the same.

For example, I download 'Oppo_Digital_DV-970HD.txt' It was made for a 15-2117/15-2116. My guess is that I can list functions in any order on the functions sheet and those then become available in the drop down list on the buttons sheet in the functions column. I think I've got it and answered my own question.

Here are my last 2 questions (yeah right!). 1) The "@" symbol. I'm not sure what it means to have a function set up device upgrade vs set up as a key move. What is the significance of that? A key move from where to where? and 2) The 6131n has two individual buttons for CC and audio. Why are they combined on the button list in KM?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Functions" are the buttons on your original remote, "Buttons" are the buttons on your JP1 remote. So, when you capture the buttons from the original remote you list them and their OBCs (or EFCs) in the Functions sheet, even if you don't intend to actually program some of the functions to real buttons. Then you go to the Buttons sheet and place the functions wherever you like, if there isn't an exact match on your 6131, use your imagination.

The "@" sign indicates that the button in question is not part of the device mode that you have selected, therefore in order to program a function to this button is you select it, KM will generate a keymove. The reason KM alerts you to this is because it will use up your keymove/macro memory.

Even though the 6131N has seperate buttons for CC and AUDIO, if you were to open up the remote and look at the PCB you would see that they are in fact joined, so logically they are still just one button. In other words, if you assign a function to the CC button, it will also appear on the AUDIO button whether you like it or not.
geobrick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. You've answered every question I had. I hope it's useful to others who read it.

I'm glad I got the remote.

I've tried some of the fancy remotes before and I didn't like anyof them. Any remote that requires you to look at it as you use it or requires 2 hands to opperate is making things too dificult. The beauty of these OFA JP1 remotes is that they are the closet thing to a true single remote solution out there. I can use it by memory and feel for 99% of the functions I use on a regular bases for 6 different devices. The flexibility built into the design and the tools offered here make them the best remotes and by far the best value.

The remotes with the touch screen displays have no way to feel what is being pressed and their device dependant screens change depending on what device is being operated. I don't consider that a desirable feature. In addition, most of them are too big to use in one hand. Maybe one day someone will come up with something as good as the OFA models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: