JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Millenium 4 Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DGG

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Millenium 4 Problems Reply with quote

First efforts at JP1. Upgraded TV (0156 -> 1156) using KM. Nothing on TV works anymore (until restored). Original and upgraded IR dumps stored in Diagnosos Area on Yahoo under names Mil4 - original/latest. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go with the simplest. When you use IR you do select the B01_B04 rdf?

Jim
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the original shows a preloaded Cable_0476 upgrade, evidently for a cable box that your Mill4 was provided for? The "latest" shows that deleted, and 2 upgrades, one for TV_0156 and another for the TV_1156. Also a TON of keymoves, including one that was on the remote before the two upgrades. I don't understand the need for the TV_0156 upgrade which looked a bit odd with 6 bytes of "fixed data".
The keymove that was left in from the original configuration calls from TV_0156. The remote will try to use the one from the upgrade before the native TV_0156.
Suggestions: 1. delete that TV_0156 upgrade. 2. delete the keymove #1. I also noticed you didn't have anything on the multimacro keys. You're calling the "<aux>" fifth device from cable "A". That "A" is in the set under the cover. Instead, make a macro to the Upper "A" key, just above the cover. Macro: A(F1)=<aux> (one step macro)

If you want to make lotsa-key upgrades, make em "Cable", and change the device button assignments to "cable", that limits a whole lotta keymoves, since out of the 44 physical function keys, only one or 2 aren't in the "Cable" keymap (TV/VCR is one). So in this case, put it on the "TV" device button, but reassign it in IR as a "cable" button. You'll still see "TV" on the button and only you and IR will know the difference Wink Why did you dump the pre-loaded cable_0476? don't have the same box? bought the remote? FWIW, that preloaded cable upgrade had 44 functions assigned; I think that's max.

Ahhhh, now I remember you, you're the guy from remote central (Universal remotes) with the B04 version.

I didn't look at the key assignments/efcs for your 1156 upgrade I assume you pulled them from Rob's advance codes list for TV_0156. What was wrong with the factory 0156 (other than hardly any functions?). You might turn cable lock off too

I assume the reassignment of <aux> from audio_0503 to vcr_0503 was for a dvd player? I ask because there isn't a Audio_0503 in the native code library lists I have.

Jim
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at this late last night. I re-examined it first thing this morning after some coffee. Smile

That TV_0156 "upgrade" in the "latest" isn't a TV upgrade at all, it's the original preloaded Cable_0476 that somehow got currupted. There was nothing in it that was different from the preloaded (if you click: IR>devices>edit) from the original.

I'll edit my suggestions a little: Reload the original configuration, then re-add a TV_1156. I'd still suggest reloading your upgrade in KM and changing it to a "cable" upgrade to eliminate those 14 keymoves, and also delete that #1 keymove if it's no longer neccessary. I'd still move that macro call for <aux> to an "F" key. If that doesn't "fix" all your problems, post your KM upgrade file to diagnosis and I'll look at it for obvious errors. Something didn't look right about that TV_0156 upgrade that showed on the latest: C4 protocol and 6 bytes of "fixed data". The cable_0476 is a C4 protocol as well, but NO fixed data. I wouldn't have a clue how that preloaded cable upgrade got corrupted between the two IR dumps. I'd still "unlock" cable device, at least until you get the TV_1156 upgrade loaded. Don't forget to save your "new" configuration.

Jim
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DGG,

I took the liberty to post two files to "Diagnosis". One is a KM upgrade recreating your 1156 upgrade except as a cable device. I saw some duplications in your upgrade and just ignored them (ie. didn't include any duplications. The other is a IR dump with what I *think* you wanted. You'll notice I moved "<aux> to F1, which is the mutlimacro key far left under the page buttons; you won't have to go under the cover to activate your dvd device (and use one of those tiny keys). One thing a bit ODD was UP had Pip channel up (efc 191) and Rew had 039 which the list also says is pip channel up. does that do something undocumented on your TV? If so, you should let Rob know that so he can modify his TV_0156 advance code list. Same for "Down" and FF.
Since efc "100" is included in the upgrade, I deleted it from keymoves. It's still on the "lock" key as you wanted.

Let me know if the IR save loaded into your remote works right. If so, delete your two files in Diagnosis, and I will also delete my two (PM would work). They'll be obvious for you to find in diagnosis. I don't have a toshiba TV so I couldn't test the upgrade. However, it doesn't appear to corrupt the Cable_0476 upgrade that was preloaded.

Jim

Jim
DGG

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help, James, especially for building another update file. After loading your file and confirming that it worked for me, I attempted to re-create it. I did (or so I thought), but my version of your file still wouldn't work. Then, by comparing the respective upgrade codes, I found two bytes that differed. Turns out, I had neglected to input the Main Device under Protocol (a not-infrequent beginners error, I suspect). That done, the TV worked as expected. Now, on to my other devices.

Thanks again,
Don
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Now that that problem is solved, don't forget to delete those two files you posted in Diagnosis to make room for someone else's problem files. I'll go delete my two now.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: