JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

LG 42PC3D Plasma TV discrete HDMI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
budlat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: LG 42PC3D Plasma TV discrete HDMI Reply with quote

I have a pair of 15-2104's that I've used for years after programming with JP1. I just upgraded system with a new LG Plasma TV (42PC3D). Have been trying to re-program my remotes. I downloaded the "combined" LG file that Rob had posted (TV/1667). So far as I can tell, everything I need works EXCEPT for the discrete HDMI input select. Has no effect at all. Conversely, the discrete select for AV1 input works fine. (That's the line-in for my digital cable box and VCR via HK AVR-100 Rcvr.) Have explored all of the suggested sites and had no luck.

The EFC code in Rob's file is 174. I've experimented with others, but no luck. The learned code from the LG remote is 059 - but that's a toggle.

Can anyone help?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or in other words:

Quote:
1. Device: LG 42PC3D
2. Type of device: Plasma TV/Monitor
3. Year: 2006?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RS 15-2104
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Presume Yes
6. Still have original remote? Presume Yes
7. Checked the file section? Presume Yes - link to file used?
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Unknown
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? Yes, but the function I seek is not on the OEM remote.

So far as I can tell, everything I need works EXCEPT for the discrete HDMI input select. Has no effect at all. Conversely, the discrete select for AV1 input works fine. (That's the line-in for my digital cable box and VCR via HK AVR-100 Rcvr.) Have explored all of the suggested sites and had no luck.

The EFC code in Rob's file is 174. I've experimented with others, but no luck. The learned code from the LG remote is 059 - but that's a toggle.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
budlat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - sorry for not following the protocol. Here is my script:

1. Device: LG 42PC3D
2. Type of device: Plasma TV/Monitor
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RS 15-2104
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes - used "LG Master File"
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? Yes, but the function I seek is not on the OEM remote.

So far as I can tell, everything I need works EXCEPT for the discrete HDMI input select. Has no effect at all. Conversely, the discrete select for AV1 input works fine. (That's the line-in for my digital cable box and VCR via HK AVR-100 Rcvr.) Have explored all of the suggested sites and had no luck.

HOWEVER - I kept working with it after making the first post and managed to get the discrete to work in SOME situations - so I'll keep playing with it to see if I can figure out what's going on before I ask anyone else to spend effort on this. I'm a bit rusty with IR and KM. Thanks.[/url]
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are truly convinced that EFC 174 does not work for you, you could (noting the risks involved) attempt a manual code search.

Sort your upgrade by OBC (in KM, you can do this on the "Code list" sheet, in RM just click the top of the OBC column on the Functions sheet) and note which OBCs are unused - also look where MOST of your input select discretes are (between OBC 191 and 214). I would start my search in that vicinity and spread out from there.

As for the risks, it is possible that you may stumble across a code that performs some sort of Master Reset of your TV. I have heard worst case horror stories about folks completely rendering their TVs useless, requiring a service call to restore it to operability. Having said that, I have done such code searches on an NEC Plasma TV and a JVC CRT TV and have had no such problems (although I DID discover the Service Menu on the JVC, where one must tread very carefully). So you pays your money, and you takes your chances.

A final option, if the HDMI discrete is inconsistent, but the toggle IS consistent, then you just build a macro that puts you in the input that precedes the HDMI one in the toggle sequence and then executes the toggle function, i.e.

If the toggle input sequence is ANT>AV1>AV2>Component>HDMI>ANT then you build a macro that executes "Component Input">"Input Toggle" in that order.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
budlat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Capn. Good ideas. I guess if one is to take risks of ruining one's TV, the time to do it is while it's on warranty! I'll give a try as you suggest developing a macro that set's to the input preceding the HDMI and then "toggles" into it.

BTW - what sort of device do you use for "automatic window shae contol"?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does not refer to draperies, but to electrically operated blinds. There are any number of companies that manufacture these, and some have remote controls. Mine happen to use an IR RC, so I learned them and Rob created a custom protocol from the learns.

If by "device" you mean device type or device code in IR, I think I made it a CBL device and assigned it to the Home Theater button on my URC-8910.

Amazon Firestick
budlat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could use the blind thing. Most times of day, reflection from windows is a problem. I'll have to look into the blinds. I'd never thought of them being controllable by JP1. Thanks.
budlat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - solved this problem. Seems that, for some reason, the TV needs a little more time from start-up to be ready to assign the HDMI input. I was using macros that had about 5 steps (turn on the receiver, set receiver to correct input/output, turn on DVD player, turn on TV, set TV to correct input, etc). I changed the order of the steps in the macro to turn the TV on very first, and set the input channel very last. All is well. Funny that the TV was fine with the original order for setting other input channels, but the HDMI needed a little more "warm up". Hope others can benefit from the learning!
JP1newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try EFC code 046 for HDMI
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: