JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pioneer DVR-510H - need discretes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randymac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Pioneer DVR-510H - need discretes Reply with quote

1. Device: Pioneer DVR-510H
2. Type of device: DVD recorder
3. Year: 2004?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Urc 8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yep
6. Still have original remote? Yep
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes found a couple ccf files for DVR 5100h file 1 or file 2.
9. Partially working setup code? 0631
10. Learning remote question? ...

Just got my Urc 8910 and built a cable and have gotten rid of most of my remotes. This is great, wish I knew about it sooner.

Anyway it would be even better if I could do discrete input selects and power on and off on my Pioneer DVR 510H dvd recorder instead of the toggles. The original remote only has toggles as well so I may be hoping for too much.
regards
Randy
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pioneer has a web site from which you can get IR command details for specific models.

I found the page for your model here:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3424/265185700DVR510HS_IR.pdf

That site makes you register with an email address, so a deep link like I just posted may not work for you. But I got there easily enough. I just put DVR-510H into the search box on the main page and then selected "IR Codes" from the search results.

For example, the power On/Off discretes listed there are:
ON -- AB 2C - AF BA
OFF - AB 2C - AF BB

AB means the prefix device is 171
2C means the prefix OBC is 44
AF means the second device is 175
BA and BB mean the main OBC is 186 or 187.

Various Pioneer protocol executors have various ways of generating these two part commands (I don't recall the details), hopefully you will understand the protocol help in KM or RM for Pioneer.
Randymac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked great for the power. I just added the OBC codes to a couple of unused buttons in KM and added them to the upgrade.
No luck with the input scource discretes though. I checked the pioneer site too and all they list is the power discretes . I guess I`m out of luck on that unless someone has any other ideas.
Randy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you familiar with the typical workarounds that people use for TVs that don't have discrete input codes? With most TVs, when you press the CH+ or CH- buttons, if the TV is in one of the video modes, it will automatically switch back to antenna mode, and if it's already in antenna mode it will just change channels, so people use a press of the CH+ button to get the TV into a known state (ie, antenna) and then they use the right number of presses of TV/VCR (or INPUT) to get the TV to the desired video input.

Maybe something similar will work for your DVD recorder? Try putting it into one of the video modes and then press CH+ to see what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: