JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Plea for help - Oritron DVD600
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

Btw John, neither DecodeCCF or CCF2EFC * knew how to handle the Pronto's database version of the RECS80 protocol. There was one button that was stored using raw data (the PREV button) which was decoded, but I had to decode the others by hand. I had to make some wild assumptions to decode the data. Basically, I assumed that the codes were the same as the Oritron codes, then I removed all the data that was the same for each button, which left a bunch of "0003" and "0002" fields. It turns out that the "0002"s are logical ONEs and the "0003"s are logical ZEROs. (* unless there's been an update that I missed).

Sorry about that. I don't think I'll ever fix that in CCF2EFC, but DecodeCCF is easy to change and I should. I have no trouble reading those 2's and 3's as a binary number and seeing the OBC in decimal in my head. I expect Jon is rather practiced at that as well, but I still should add that Pronto Hex variant to the several that DecodeCCF understands.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still use CCF2EFC and DecodeCCF about equally (one's great for Excel and the other's great for visual checks), so if you're fixing it in one program, I'd certainly appreciate it if you fixed it in the other also.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob,

You don't have to guess about those Pronto 8000 database formats. Just skim through this for some light reading Smile

Eigeny Oulianov is obviously brilliant, but even John once described this as "opaque". There are also some pretty complex protocols that the 8000 formats cover. Some, that in the nearly three years of hanging around here that no one ever asked about.

Speaking of that ... message #1 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/messages/1 on the JP1 Yahoo group was Wed 12/20/2000. So, are any festivities planned? Is Mark Pierson going to jump out of a cake with KM Master v9.0?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
Is Mark Pierson going to jump out of a cake with KM Master v9.0?

Why do I always have to do the hard stuff Question Shocked
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah, the hard part is making a cake big enuff for you to scrunch down in. Wink besides we all know you got KM 9.0 ready for a week or better and waitin for the anniversary to kick it loose. 9.1 is supposed to be for Christmas release. Green and red instead of yellow and white?

Jim
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this?...

I'll package up the complete set of KM versions since 5.19 (when I took over, and yes, I have a copy of EVERY one since), and call it the Anniversary Collection. It's a little over 400Mb of KM... should make for a nice download (except it won't fit in the Files area)! Wink
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, load it on a gold plated CD and sell it. special packaging, scantily clad girls for ads at Wal-mart, doin uploads to steve's 8810W's.

Jim
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I still use CCF2EFC and DecodeCCF about equally (one's great for Excel and the other's great for visual checks), so if you're fixing it in one program, I'd certainly appreciate it if you fixed it in the other also.

I just uploaded a new DecodeCCF.zip to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Programs/

It fixes a bunch of things in the decoding of the 7000 format Pronto Hex, including the ones in the CCF file mentioned in this thread.

Sorry, decoding 7000 format hex in CCF2EFC would be much harder than fixing that decode in decodeCCF.

What's a "visual check"?
The output of decodeCCF is better than CCF2EFC almost always. I only use CCF2EFC when I suspect a bug in DecodeCCF or DecodeIR.DLL (and want to look at a bunch of Pronto Hex). That need is pretty rare and for users other than Jon and myself it ought to be even more rare.

If you decode a lot of CCF files, I suggest adding some right click context menu choices. (You can do that using the Tools/Folder_Options/File_Types dialog). You can make an option when right clicking a .txt file to open it with Excel and you can make an option when right clicking a ccf file to decode it with decodeCCF.
daveoram

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Sorry, I should have realised after all the help I have been given that some upgrades are usable for other devices. I just deleted the codes I did not need. My OEM remote does not have volume buttons on it so that is why I removed them.
I would add that if anyone needs the full list of functions, they would be better off using the file you uploaded and then modify it to their needs, it seems pretty comprehensive Exclamation .
With regards to the extra code you gave me (111), I will try it after the new yaer (have justupgraded my DVD player and cannot test it until I have incorporated it into my new setup). New player is a Thomson DTH211 and I have several questions to ask, but will wait till I have had chance to try and sort them myself and will post them in a different thread.
In future I will try and leave all the buttons assigned to a code, even if I do not implement them in my setup.

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way we like to see upgrade files built is like this... include absolutely every function that you know to work (including those not on the original remote) in the Functions sheet, then assign the main functions to sensible buttons in the Buttons sheet. It's totally OK to have a loads of un-assigned functions in the Functions sheet, but at least they are available to the next person if they need them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: