JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Plea for help - Oritron DVD600
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Plea for help - Oritron DVD600 Reply with quote

Can anyone help me with a keymap or a dump of the learned keys for Oritron DVD600. My original remote is broken. I know it used code 0651, but could not identify all the functions. My learning remote is a 7562.

Dave Oram
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: identify this quote: "what is your bidding, my master?& Reply with quote

Dave,
You are in luck. The file you need is here. You will need KM to correctly view this file. KM can be found here. Note that the first link is a .txt file and to download it you will need to right click on it and then pick "save target as".
Merry Christmas,
JP1Files
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, other concerns: KM requires MS Excel to run, and you have to install the analysis toolpack first, which might require the Excel disks. Once you open the spreadsheet, to view the file you want, you need to click on the "load" button on the spreadsheet.

If you do not have MS Excel, or have lost the original disks, fear not, you can also view the file using RM. Go to the Yahoo JP1 Files Tools folder (click the link in my signature line) and download Java and RM (remote master).

Cheers,
JP1Files
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve,
Have already downloaded that file, my problem is finding out which buttons correspond to the original remote buttons, apart from the obvous ones such as the numbers and basic transport functions. It also seems to have a lot of duplicate assignments.

Dave
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Have you looked in devices.xls and devices4.xls? I am not certain this will help you either. You may just need to sneak into best buy with a learning remote and learn all the buttons off their demo unit. Smile

Best Wishes,
JP1Files
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
Yep, looked in there, also thought about going into local stores (Dont have a Best Buy here in UK), but maodel is now obsolete. What I have done is sent a request off to OneforAll to see if I gan get any help there, otherwise, I hope someone on this board who has this model can learn all the keys and send me a dump of their remote.
Thanks for your help and suggestions

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
I take it you still have the original broken remote, right? So you know what buttons are on it. So, why don't you simply load up the available upgrade into your 7562, making sure that there's a function on every button, and test the buttons to see what they do. Most of them are going to be obvious, 1-9, play, rewind, etc, so all you need to do is see what the non-obvous buttons do.

Then compare your results to the buttons on the OEM remote. If there are still buttons un-accounted for, try testing random EFCs to see if you can find them.

When you're done, put together a new KM file with better button descriptions and load it into the file section.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Did you open that text file by loading into KM Master of did you just look at it in a text editor. If you open with KM Master it seems complete and self explanitory. How many other keys can a DVD have?

If someone has this exact model and the OEM remote and has a JP1 cable and hangs out here, then great. My guess is you will be waiting a long time to find that situation. So it won't hurt anything to try the device upgrade. Here it is for a 7560, I didn't see a 7562 option in KM Master:

Upgrade Code 0 = 22 8B (DVD/0651)
45 00 D2 FE E9 40 50 28 48 68 88 2C 4C 6C 8C 30
A4 A8 9C 84 60 3C 5C 54 38 78 58 58 74 54 5C 98
End

All the keys appear to be mapped to the correct functions. Play, Stop, Up, down, left, right etc. If something is missing but the other keys work then we can tell you how to find them if you want to go to the effort.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveoram wrote:

Have already downloaded that file, my problem is finding out which buttons correspond to the original remote buttons, apart from the obvous ones such as the numbers and basic transport functions. It also seems to have a lot of duplicate assignments.
Dave

I expect the duplication is legitimate, meaning that on the original remote the arrow and select keys were the same keys as the basic transport keys.

That upgrade only has a few functions other than the digits and the basic transport functions. Those few seem to be clearly identified (on the functions) tab. Do you mean that they aren't correctly identified there? If so, is it hard to try those few functions and simply see what they do? Or do you mean that several original functions are missing entirely from the upgrade?

This protocol has only 64 possible commands. It shouldn't be too hard to just try the 64 different commands and see what they do. One complication is that in the "manual mode" of that upgrade it isn't at all obvious which 64 of the 256 possible EFC numbers are the 64 actual commands. If you had the upgrade in RECS80(45) mode instead, the 64 commands would be the OBC values from 0 to 63. Unfortunately, manual mode doesn't show the OBC's right, and RECS80(45) mode doesn't let you enter EFCs. I hope I'm not incorrectly maligning KM again, but I think you would need to copy/paste to RM in order to automatically convert those EFC numbers to correct OBC numbers.

I have a CCF file for a Koss KD230 DVD player which seems to have the same commands as your DVD plus several that this upgrade doesn't have. There is a decent chance that those are your missing commands. But there is a Koss KD260 upgrade in the Yahoo files that is very similar but has different basic transport functions (despite having the same arrow functions). I'm confused by that. I hope it just means the KD260 upgrade has an error in its transport functions. Otherwise it means these very similar DVDs vary in details of which OBC means what.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
This protocol has only 64 possible commands. It shouldn't be too hard to just try the 64 different commands and see what they do. One complication is that in the "manual mode" of that upgrade it isn't at all obvious which 64 of the 256 possible EFC numbers are the 64 actual commands. If you had the upgrade in RECS80(45) mode instead, the 64 commands would be the OBC values from 0 to 63. Unfortunately, manual mode doesn't show the OBC's right, and RECS80(45) mode doesn't let you enter EFCs. I hope I'm not incorrectly maligning KM again, but I think you would need to copy/paste to RM in order to automatically convert those EFC numbers to correct OBC numbers.

The problem with the "Manual Settings" upgrade file is that the user defined fields are set incorrectly. The Signal Style should be MSB-COMP (not LSB-COMP) and the Bits/Cmd should be 6 (not 8 ). With these adjustments KM would create the correct OBCs.

As for the current KM not allowing EFCs, I reviewed the code and I can't see why this restriction is needed. I removed the restriction in my version, then did a SWAP and the hex was generated correctly.

I checked the Koss CCF that John referred to and it does indeed use the exact same OBCs as the Oritron. There were no conflicting OBCs and each file had some commands that the other didn't, so I have combined them into a new KM upgrade, which can be found here: [url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/DVD/Oritron_&_Koss_DVDs_(DVD-0651).txt]Oritron_&_Koss_DVDs_(DVD-0651).txt[/url], plus I have updated the existing upgrade to use the RECS80 protocol.
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, My plea turned into what appers to be a full blown effort to resolve other problems.

Rob, That combined upgrade seems to work, all I have to do now to check it is find my DVD manual to check how to operate some of the buttons I never used just to check if they are working - see no reason why they should not though and then reassign the functions to my preferences. There were 31 keys on my remote and after removing the duplicate assignments and functions my remote does not have, I am left with 31 functions.

Great stuff and thanks.

When I have assigned everything logically to my 7562 keys I will post the results

Dave
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

The problem with the "Manual Settings" upgrade file is that the user defined fields are set incorrectly. The Signal Style should be MSB-COMP (not LSB-COMP) and the Bits/Cmd should be 6 (not 8 ). With these adjustments KM would create the correct OBCs.

I guess I owe yet another appology for misremembering the state of KM. I was sure the Bits/Cmd setting (manual mode) didn't work this way, yet I just tried what you said and it all seems to work.

The Robman wrote:

I checked the Koss CCF that John referred to and it does indeed use the exact same OBCs as the Oritron. There were no conflicting OBCs

Since you checked the Oritron upgrade and the Koss CCF so carefully, did you have an opinion on the Koss upgrade (Koss KD260)? Did I miss something or is that one so close it must be the same codes, yet is has different OBCs for Play, Pause, Rew and Fwd?
daveoram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just uploaded the file to the DVD section - Thanks once again everyone.

Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
Since you checked the Oritron upgrade and the Koss CCF so carefully, did you have an opinion on the Koss upgrade (Koss KD260)? Did I miss something or is that one so close it must be the same codes, yet is has different OBCs for Play, Pause, Rew and Fwd?

To be honest, I didn't spot that upgrade when I looked before (I take it you mean this one: Koss KD260 0651.txt).

The trouble with this upgrade, and unfortunately many other upgrades, is that the user didn't use true function names, he just used the default button names, so we can't truely tell what each function is, we can only see which button he decided to program them to.

I agree that some of the button assignments do seem strange, given that we think we know what these functions really do. There is one OBC in this upgrade that doesn't appear in the other two files, and that is OBC 018 which he had assigned to the RECORD button.

The Pronto file is a better source because there are no default button names, the user gets to name them as he sees fit. So while his button names might not be a direct copy of the original button names, they should give an idea of what the buttons do, at least.

Btw John, neither DecodeCCF or CCF2EFC * knew how to handle the Pronto's database version of the RECS80 protocol. There was one button that was stored using raw data (the PREV button) which was decoded, but I had to decode the others by hand. I had to make some wild assumptions to decode the data. Basically, I assumed that the codes were the same as the Oritron codes, then I removed all the data that was the same for each button, which left a bunch of "0003" and "0002" fields. It turns out that the "0002"s are logical ONEs and the "0003"s are logical ZEROs. (* unless there's been an update that I missed).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveoram wrote:
Rob, That combined upgrade seems to work, all I have to do now to check it is find my DVD manual to check how to operate some of the buttons I never used just to check if they are working - see no reason why they should not though and then reassign the functions to my preferences. There were 31 keys on my remote and after removing the duplicate assignments and functions my remote does not have, I am left with 31 functions.

I see you renamed one of the buttons to Bookmark, so I'm guessing there's a Bookmark button on the original remote. You also blanked out the function names for 2 of the 3 volume buttons, is this because you didn't want to assign them to you rvolume buttons, or was it because your original remote doesn't have volume buttons?

If it's the latter, try the codes anyway just to see if your DVD player supports the volume function because somebody else might find this useful to know. If it's the former, the correct thing to do is to leave the functions in the function list, just don't assign them to buttons, this way somebody else who might chose to use this upgrade has the option of using them if they chose to do so.

I found a reference to another OBC (018) that's not included in my upgrade, there's a chance that this might perform some function on your player. The corresponding EFC is 111. The quick and easy way to test this EFC, without having to re-build your upgrade, is to use the SET+nnn test method. If you determine what the code does, please report back so we can include it in the main upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: