JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sonicview bin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hunterv69

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Sonicview bin Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to this forum so forgive me. I have downloaded the SonicView SV1000 6131.rmdu file from this site to be used with my slingbox. I put it in the SBAV folder but it doesn't work. Can someone tell me or send me to a link that will show me what to do with this file so my slingbox will work with it??

THanx
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use the rmdu file directly with the Slingbox. You need to edit it in RM in order to create a Slingbox file. Check out this thread.
hunterv69

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i did what the guide told me to do but I can't find the SABV.cfg file. Also I have the slingbox pro, might be the reason why. Please help.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer software versions don't use the .cfg file anymore. You put the .bin file(s) in the \SBAV directory. When you choose "Other" a box marked "Alternative Code" (I think that's the wording) will appear. You type the code into the box and the Sling software will attempt to find and install the code.

I have not seen any posts on the Sling forum mentioning whether the old .bin files work on the Pro. If there is a change from the PL, JU, RV types (new hardware) then a new RDF will have to be developed.
chasbom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Sonicview SV-1000 Bins Posted Reply with quote

I have posted bins I created. See them within the download directory http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=87

Place the bins directly into the SBAV directory and follow instructions within my post. I also included the rdmu incase anyone wants to change the keymappings and recreate the bins.

I have just upgraded to Slingplayer 1.4 on slingbox pro and its working great!

Chasbo
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summarizing inferences: Sling wants to restrict modifications to SBAv.cfg and hence it has been removed in newer Slingplayer versions, however new .bin files can be added into \SBAV folder as an upgrade.

As per my trials, I've also noticed that device codes which are not already present in SBAV-PL.SBAV/SBAV-PK.SBAV cannot be added as an upgrade. i.e. a new bin file with name T0748_JU.bin(meant for Aiwa TV remote) will not be loaded by Sling, since this name is not present in SBAV-PL.SBAV; has anybody overcome this limitation ?
Is there are way out ? Will renaming the device code and the device type in RM work ? - i.e. renaming T0748_JU.bin to say S0748_JU.bin from RM. I understand that just renaming the .bin file will not work, since Sling will not load it if there is a mismatch between the file name and the device code present inside it.
Any guidance from experts on this one ?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlingerAndy wrote:

As per my trials, I've also noticed that device codes which are not already present in SBAV-PL.SBAV/SBAV-PK.SBAV cannot be added as an upgrade.
I admit that I have not done a great deal of testing on this, but my understanding was just the opposite. If a built-in code existed, then you cannot reuse that letter/number. I don't know, however, if all the built-in codes exist solely in the three *.SBAV files. Many people have had to go through several numbers to find a free one. If you ran the three *.SBAV files into a hex editor, you would find that JU, PL, and RV codes exist in each one, indicating that the name is not indicative of the codes present in each one.

It is possible that the built-in codes are stored in an unknown location (possibly ROM code in the processor like the One-For-All remotes or encrypted in the exe or dll or firmware bin) and the *.SBAV files are Sling's way of adding their own upgrades via software updates. They would know what numbers were free to use. It is further possible that custom .bin files that are added can override the *.SBAV entries, but not the hidden built-in (ROM?) codes. I know that my personal codes that work (Y1410_PL, S2010_PL, and some others that I have tested are not found in the *.SBAV files (searched with hexeditor). The next test is to take a working .bin and change it's type and number (in RM) to match one of the *SBAV internal numbers and see if it still controls the device correctly. (C0448_PL, C0476_PL, V1033_PL are some examples of codes found in SBAV-PL.sbav that could be be matched for testing) This would indicate that the *.sbav codes could be overridden by .bin files but that ROM code could not be overridden and completely new numbers can always be used (we just have no way of checking what the built-in code numbers are).
Quote:
Will renaming the device code and the device type in RM work ?
This is the normal way to do it with some possible limitations. Keep the number under 2048. Some types probably won't work (my receiver code came up AM2010, changing device type to SAT changed it to S2010 which runs a Sony Receiver as an A/V switch (my custom made bin from a customized Sony receiver rmdu; and you may have to try many numbers to get an available one.

edit: I have confirmed that your custom bin devices that duplicate the numbers contained in the *.sbav files will override the numbers found within the *.sbav files. This means that if you are having trouble finding a number that Sling will accept, you can pick one found within the *.sbav already. A hex editor (or even Wordpad) will allow you to examine the file for existing numbers. At least this works with files that I have tested so far.
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a ton for the elaborate Info Steve!

I tried some more stuff today and found out that any remote code could be used from Slingplayer, regardless of whether it is present in the *.SBAV files.

For ex: I first tried to find a code that was not already available to Sling, by entering arbitrary codes in the "Alternate Code" box and quickly found that C0001 for instance was not present. Then I exported an arbitrary a Bin file from RM as C0001_PL.bin and referenced it from Slingplayer and found out that Sling immediately loaded the file into it's "IR Database" and was available for use. (earlier references to C0001, returned with a warning message in Slingplayer).
Later when C0001_PL.bin was removed from \SBAV, Slingplayer continued to recognize C0001 as a valid input in the alternate code box, which means that there indeed exists an "IR Database" on the Sling Hardware. To further test this theory, I uninstalled slingplayer and reinstalled it, just to be sure that the IR Database was not present in the Slingplayer folders, and C0001 still worked.

This simply means that arbitrary remote codes can be loaded into the Slingbox IR Database from the \SBAV folder, regardless of whether they are present in *.SBAV files or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: