JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Insignia NS-27HTV (Konka protocol)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "Samsung" would be too confusing, because Samsung devices are common and don't typically use this protocol. Even the existing "Samsung20" name has confused some people, despite the qualifying number that ought to make you guess it isn't the standard Samsung protocol.

What is the connection between the several brands listed in this thread and Samsung?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
The Robman wrote:
mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
One problem: What name should we give to this protocol?
I just noticed that this is the same protocol that is used by Konka TVs, so unless anyone has a better idea, let's call it the "Konka" protocol.
It's also used by Tevion, Polaroid and Insignia TVs (so far). I was going to call this one "Samsung", based on some other information you and I discussed. Any problem with that?

I don't like Samsung as a name for this protocol because the most common "Samsung" protocol is NECx2. I've done a big project where I captured the signals from many Akai TVs and some of them use this protocol. Those sets that use it are actually made by Konka, so it appears that Konka makes sets for other people, which might also explain why we've started to see quite a few other brands use it, so my vote is still for Konka.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reference to Samsung came from a communication with UEI, where they referred to the 019B executor as being based on "the Samsung platform". I don't have any objection to calling it Konka if you prefer.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they referred to Samsung in that email they were referring to the "S3C8 platform".
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: