JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RDF file required for TV Tuner with code 0775
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: RDF file required for TV Tuner with code 0775 Reply with quote

I have a Slingbox Classic which is an NTSC version and I live in a country that has PAL-B and therefore I am using an external TV tuner card in order to watch live TV by making use of the SVideo on the TV Tuner. However I am unable to switch channels because of non existent remote codes.

Using my Marantz RC1400 Univ Learning remote, I found out that the TV tuner box responds to TV code 0775, which according to the Marantz Manual belongs to Apex Digital/ Norcent.
I have tried searching this forum for RDF files specific to Apex Digital/Norcent 0775 to no avail.

Please let me know if this is what I have to look out for or is it something different. I also tried S0775_JU.bin in Slingplayer, but the Tuner doesn't respond.

Current Specs:
Slingbox Classic, JU IR Blaster 2.0, being used with External TV Tuner card which responds to remote control code 0775 on Marantz RC 1400 Univ learning remote.

Thanks,
Andy
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Marantz database is licensed from the UEI database. If so, there is an offset in the setup code numbers (every Marantz setup code number is the same amount bigger than the corresponding UEI setup code number).

But I forget what the offset value is (which we would need to subtract from 775 to find out what setup code you mean).

The way to find that is to look at the lowest number setup code for Sony TV's. That number should be the offset value, because TV/0000 is the common Sony TV code set in UEI remotes.

Once you tell us that number, I think we can tell you how to get the equivalent of your code 0775 into a Slingbox.

BTW, an RDF file is NOT what you want. An RDF file describes a JP1 compatible universal remote.

What you may want is an .rmdu file (RemoteMaster Device Upgrade). An rmdu describes a set of IR signals. There are also .txt file from the KM program, which can be imported to create .rmdu files, so one of those would also do.
whompus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correct the offset is 27. That would make the code 0748. I looked that code up in devices.xls and it calls for protocol aiwa with device 281. That didn't bring back anything to me so I checked the 0748 code in my 6131 and it is aiwa device 28 sub device 1. I don't know if that is a misprint in devices.xls or a change in the protocol. The real experts here like John and Rob and others will know for sure.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether 0748 is correct. Does the Slingbox include TV/0748 (making it easy to test)? Or would we need to find/make an rmdu file to test that?

But I do know the JP1 tools are inconsistent about how they present device numbers in Aiwa protocol. Some give a two part number (device and subdevice) and some give a single number. IIRC, to translate the two part version to the one part you multiply the "subdevice" by 256 then add the "device". So device 28, subdevice 1 would be 284 in the single number form. 284 is in the copy of devices.xls that I'm looking at. I assume you made a typo saying 281 above.

BTW, according to that same xls file, setup codes 768, 780, 848, 860, 891 and 1034 are all also Aiwa:284, so if 0748 isn't in the Slingbox, what about those?
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. My typo.. 284 is what I should have wrote.
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't able to locate TV/0748 on my Slingbox classic.
I searched for a TV/0748 file on this site too, but no luck.
Please post an rmdu file for the same, so that I can create a bin from it using RM.

Another thing that I observed is that a new TV remote code that I export as a bin file into SBAV folder of Slingbox cannot be used from Slingbox AV setup. When I enter a code such as say "T0751" with the corresponding bin file T0751_JU.bin present in the SBAV folder, Sling doesn't load the remote codes even after selecting "Other(not in the list)" entry, any pointers ?
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point we are not sure 0748 is the code. You can test it with exporting a bin with rm. From what my 6131 gives for 0748 protocol is awia device 28 sub device 1. Power efc is 080, ch+ is 076, ch- is 077. If that don't work. try the efc's with device 284.
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys just rock! It works!
All the efc codes for Power, CH+ and CH- work perfectly.

May I ask you to share the rmdu for 0748 as per your 6131 ?
whompus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure here it is http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4032 It's just the buttons that are in the build in code in the 6131. The bulid in code had up, down, left, and right but they where repeats of ch + - and vol + -. It also had play, pause, rew, and fwd but they where another protocol so that made me think they are likely for a tv with a vcr build in.

Also can I ask what your tv is? That way I can change the file to a better name.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that this isn't an actual TV that he's controlling, it's an external TV tuner card, so therefore the final upgrade file belongs in the Misc folder.
whompus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh... Cool.. I missed that altogether. I see now it says it plainly in the first post.

Let us know what the card is for the final upgrade.
SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Whompus, The Robman, johnsfine for all your help.

Well, the TV Tuner card is a "Made in China" external box. I picked it up cheap from a local dealer, its re-sold by a Company called "Techcom", so not a big time brand for you to rename the name of the rmdu file.

Whompus, may I ask you to post the efc code for the -/-- button(the channel selection button) in the final upgrade ?

Thanks again!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlingerAndy wrote:
Well, the TV Tuner card is a "Made in China" external box. I picked it up cheap from a local dealer, its re-sold by a Company called "Techcom", so not a big time brand for you to rename the name of the rmdu file.

But so far, it's the only brand that we have, so while it may also work for other brands, we know that it works for this brand. Is there a model number? The only model number I could find online by searching is SSD- TV- 811, is that yours? If it isn't, use this ebay link where there are several different Techcom models for same to see if you can see your model.

SlingerAndy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The model# is SSD-TV-715, here is what it looks like,

I suppose all Techcom TV Tuner cards and many other external TV tuner cards use the same Aiwa protocol.
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Andy. I am away from my computer that has that file on it for a few days. I think I put all the codes I had in the upgrade though. Robman can likely get any advanced codes for that setup code from his contacts faster then I will get back to that computer.

You could always build upgrades with all efc,s to test for any other codes you may find. I doudt there is any harm in that with it just being a tuner box but not sure.

I will now name the file accordingly and move it to misc.

(Edit) Cool... I see Rob already beat me to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: