JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Turn off the RF signal emission by software instructiion?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBM911

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Turn off the RF signal emission by software instructiion? Reply with quote

Is there a way to turn off the RF signal emission by software instruction on 115-2117 or 15-1995? I have two Pioneer TV’s in different rooms and for control of my central/multiplexor driven TIVO box need the RF functionality from each room fed by the TIVOs .(but do not need it for control of in bedroom equipment where IR works fine and therefor don't use an emitter) But, using the local TV on/off function in the bedroom sends the same signal to the main TV in the Den via the RF emission.

Pioneer doesn’t seem to have selectable remote control “channel” alternatives to allow me to use a different code for each TV like the TIVOs do to prevent signal/set confusion.

If I could by key stroke insert a code in the TV On/OFF sequence in the bedroom to stop the RF emission, then I could keep RF for remote control of the TIVO but not inadvertently send the RF signal to the Dens emitter where the TIVOs and other TV are.

Doable? Anytoher suggetion
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my knowledge there is no such software-controllable option. Not knowing which remote you use where, I don't know of any option to the 1995, but the 2117 has a non-RF enabled sibling, the 2116. If you can track one down, it uses the same RDF as the 2117, so you could use IT (with the identical IR file as the 2117) in the room where you do NOT require RF, and the 2117 in the room where you require the RF to work.

If, however, you require the RF to work for CERTAIN devices, and to be disabled for OTHER devices in the same room/remote - I have no knowledge of such a software-controllable capability, nor do I believe one to exist.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd suggest trying to place the RF base unit in such a manner that the TV in the den doesn't see the signals from the base unit, but the TiVo does.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you only need the RF to work the Tivo box, my recommendation would be to use the IR blaster that comes with the 15-1995/15-2117 "command center". You should attach the end of the IR blaster cable to the IR window of the Tivo box and either locate the command center in such a way that it's signals won't reach the TV, or use electrical tape to cover up the center's IR window.

That way, the RF signals will only control the Tivo and not the TV set.
wkearney99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From looking inside the remotes the RF circuit looks like it's directly connected to the same one that drives the IR. Thus there's no way to tell it to use only IR or RF, they both get the same signals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: