JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for CyberHome DVD Remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benf24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Code for CyberHome DVD Remote Reply with quote

1. Device: Cyber Home CH-DVD 300
2. Type of device: DVD player
3. Year: 2004
4. UEI Remote model: URC 8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? Yes. Is there a four digit code that will work for this devise?

CyberHome is a company that is basically out of business, so it is tough getting info for it. I downloaded the code for the CH 300 off of the file section, but I don't have a JP 1 cable, and I'd prefer to not go to that length. You all know more about remotes than me, but I would have to imagine that my URC already has a code programmed into it that would work on my DVD player. I just need the four digit code for it. That's all I am looking for. No crazy run around.
Ben
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe there is a built-in code. I have this Cyberhome unit and there is a built-in code on the 6131 that has the correct protocol but none of the buttons match up and only a few work.

I don't know what the number is. I found it by using the search method while the DVD player was in screen saver mode. A command with a matching protocol will bring it out of screen saver mode (it's not going to activate the power function as described by the search instructions).

With that device selected, you would need to add all the desired functions using manual keymoves with the EFC numbers from the upgrades you downloaded. A tedious method that will take up a lot of internal memory and time.
kupakai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to get the JP1 cable, try calling One for All. The number is listed in this post. They should have a code for the device, and will be able to upgrade the remote over the phone, if needed.
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few codes to try that will at least give it the protocol with right device/subdevice are 0698, 0714, 0816, 1019, and 1023. If any of those are in it, then you could do as Steve said for the time being.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that you don't know that the URC-8910 has a built in modem? You can use the JP1 tools to convert that code that you downloaded into a WAV file that you can load into the URC-8910 via it's modem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: