JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Syntax Olevia LT37HVS discrete codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
utmba95

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Syntax Olevia LT37HVS discrete codes Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm looking for discrete codes to select the various inputs on this television. Failing that, I at least need to find a key (or short sequence) to put the toggles into a known mode. The original remote has a key to toggle between VGA and HDMI; a key to toggle between component 1 & component 2; and a key to toggle between TV and the four analog video inputs. I'd really like direct access to the specific inputs.

The Syntax web page says: "A: Universal remote control manufacturers specify different code for the various television brands out there. Please check with the manufacturer's list for codes listed under RCA, YAMAHA, LG, or Philips televisions. Any code listed under the RCA, YAMAHA, LG, or Philips will work." However, I tried RCA and Philips and neither worked. I tried LG and it worked for the basics. I learned a few keys and it uses NEC1, device 4. The HDMI/VGA input is OBC 093 and Component 1/2 toggle is OBC 73.

Device: Olevia LT37HVS
Type of device: HDTV
Year: 2005
JP1 Remote model: URC-6131
JP1 user? Yes
Still have original remote? Yes
Checked the file section? Yes
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=926 comes close

Checked the Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
Partially working setup code? Above listed LG upgrade
Learning remote question? Yes, but looking for discrete codes
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Devices.xls spreadsheet, TV/0030, TV/0056, and TV/0178 are built-in setup codes with that protocol/device combination. On this page, TV/0178 shows several discrete input selects worth investigating. Using a built-in code and some keymoves may save you some upgrade space. As for searching for the discretes (if those linked above don't help), you could do a code search - testing otherwise unused OBCs - to try to discover the discrete input selects. This carries the risk of potentially stumbling upon a master reset code of some sort that could render your TV useless. Crying or Very sad Perhaps an LCD TV or LG-knowledgeable person could advise on any such risks.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
utmba95

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through every OBC and found no discreets and only a few functions that aren't on the remote (sleep for instance). I'll post a keymap file for what I've found, but I'd love to have any discreets. For instance, to select the digital TV tuner I have to press "component" (to get to a known state) and then press "tv/video" six times! The odds are pretty low that the wife is going to point the remote at the TV for that long. Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've gone through all 256 OBCs, you have confirmed to about 90% certainly that your set is a TOAD.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

utmba95 wrote:
...to select the digital TV tuner I have to press "component" (to get to a known state) and then press "tv/video" six times! The odds are pretty low that the wife is going to point the remote at the TV for that long. Smile

Given that it looks as though discretes are not forthcoming, I'd start building a macro if I were you. Alternatively you could plug the digital feed in nearer the top of the tree so that only a couple of button presses are needed. Alternatively, alternatively, you could feed all inputs through a selector box or "smart" switch box - the latter would switch to whichever device has just been turned on if it sends a suitable signal (easier if you have SCART-enabled equipment).
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

underquark wrote:
(easier if you have SCART-enabled equipment).
SCART in Dallas?!? Surprised

I strongly suspect NOT. Confused

P.S. "HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!"

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
SCART in Dallas?!? Surprised
I strongly suspect NOT. Confused

That's why this particular suggestion is enclosed in brackets and comes after "alternatively, alternatively" (or maybe it should have been alternaively, alternaively). I know the chances of SCARTs popping up in Texas are low but it would be a shame if we were to hear - 20 posts later - "by the way can I use the SCART inputs for anything"?

Anyway, if you're unlikely to find SCARTs in Dallas, at least you can get them from Dallas!
sixt7gt350

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a way to select inputs discretely via RS232, then there should be a way to do so via IR.

The linked file being for Olevia models with MTK video processors. (537, 542, etc.)
jamie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixt7gt350 wrote:
If there is a way to select inputs discretely via RS232, then there should be a way to do so via IR.

The linked file being for Olevia models with MTK video processors. (537, 542, etc.)
I have an Olevia 537 and made a device upgrade for it using protocol NEC1, device 4, subdev 185 based on code captures with a learning remote (urc8910). It looks about the same as the Syntax Olevia 237V device upgrade in the files area.

I did a search through all the OBC's with that combination of protocol and devices (in spite of the danger) and didn't find any discretes.

I wrote Olevia/SyntaxBrillian support with the observation you made (if you can do discrete input selects from rs-232, why not from IR?), and got a reply back, but not a useful one.

Perhaps there are discretes on another subdev?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get that URL to work, so I couldn't look at the RS232 details.

Since I started playing with various IR detector parts, I have been wondering how practical it would be to make a very simple IR to rs232 converter:

An ordinary IR to RS232 converter has a microprocessor and a power supply and an IR detector and an RS232 driver and firmware. All that adds up to a lot of design expense over a limited number of units; Too hard to make yourself and expensive to buy.

But what if you used just an IR detector (a few $ for a high speed modulated one). Maybe a few minor components. I haven't worked out exactly what you'd need to deal with the voltage difference. I'm pretty sure the DTR signal could power the whole thing (do most of these devices have a DTR or similar in their rs232 interface?)

If you pick an IR detector ten or more times faster than the baud rate, you can directly encode the rs232 timing within the IR signal, so no translation is required (so no microprocessor is required). One detector part I'm playing with is the 455Khz TSOP7000, but for up to 4800 baud you could use a less expensive detector.

It would be pretty easy to construct a protocol executor to send the rs232 timing, especialy if it sent one byte at a time (so you would need the extender's fast macro ability for multi-byte commands).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
I couldn't get that URL to work, so I couldn't look at the RS232 details.

There's a problem with the Olevia site right now, maybe they're changing servers. I found a Google cache of the page that used to list the RS232 docs, but Google doesn't cache the docs themselves and i couldn't find them at web.archive.org either.

www.olevia.com/jsp/rs232/rs232.jsp
jamie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their website is flakey, but the link is working for me now.

A cheap ir-2-rs232 interface sounds like an interesting solution to this problem. Unfortunately, the doc indicates that in this case the serial baud rate is 115200, which may be too fast to make this practical.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does give a method to switch to 57600. Maybe a 455Khz IR detector could handle 57600 baud (even though it's out of spec). I hope to find time to test that, but I don't know when I'll find time.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working for me now too, so I grabbed a copy while I would and have loaded it here...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3922
km

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to add, but on my new Olevia 532H with the latest firmware, I tried to find discrete codes.I noted the OBC's in the rdf file go from 0 to 43, with 11-14,30,33,34 missing. I tried adding those and a few more beyond 43 with no luck.

Interestingly one of the 232T spec sheets says

"Separate and Hidden IR Remote Button Command for each input"."

When I followed up with customer support, like others, all they could do was refer me to the RS232 codes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: