JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dreambox 500S (bin file) and SlingMedia (JU)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Dreambox 500S (bin file) and SlingMedia (JU) Reply with quote

Hi, I am looking for the codes to the SlingMedia for Dreambox 500S

I have downloaded some dreambox files from this site but I can't get the codes working. I have DL the TXT 7 IR files and imported to the RemoteMaster, and maked an BIN file.. S1237_JU.bin.

but the file is small and I can't get it working...
(in the OLD slingmedia I used some SBAV.CFG file to edit, but in the 1.4.X and higher I only have to enter the file name in the CODE field.

I get the error.
The slingbox cannot load the IR code you selected, bla bla bla....

Can anyone pleeeeease help me???

If possible does anyone have a ****.BIN file that WORKS...

Greetings Eddie
eddiex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any1????
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several comments and suggestions.
A testing, working .bin requires that someone else has all of the same equipment and has developed one on his own. While it can happen eventually, the product is relatively youthfull in it's development and most Slingbox users seem inclined to wait for Sling to do the development for them rather than DIY.

The .bins are small, containing one upgrade; the .cfg files contain hundreds of individual files and there may be more codes stored in ROM.

Since the Slingbox cannot load the code there is a problem with the file itself, not necessarily the commands it contains. I would encourage you to read through the long threads here because it may offer possible solutions that have worked for others, but here are some possibilities.

In RM, re-import the .bin you exported and see if it looks about the same as it did when you exported it. (switch tabs in RM to check functions, etc.)

Do you need a PL or RV instead of JU? You can create all three and the Sling software will only load the correct one.

Change the number in the setup page of RM. (below 2048). You can't change the file name after it has been exported. If there is an internal code using the same number there will be a conflict. Someone just had to try a half dozen different numbers before he found one that worked. Sling uses internal numbers that were out of the range that UEI used in the ROM in their remotes, so a lot of the device upgrades numbers we use here won't load in a Slingbox and , unlike the remotes, a duplicate number won't override the built-in number.

Try to load an upgrade that someone else has indicated as working even if it's not your device (Dreambox). All you are looking to do is see if your setup and procedures can load any .bin codes at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: