JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hr10-250 Close caption macro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vdubuclet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Hr10-250 Close caption macro Reply with quote

If you have a HR10-250 HD_Tivo you know that the close caption is buried 5 menus deep. i am trying to develop a macro to turn this on and off using my URC8811 (6012 extender). The command sequece is below. IR does not allow macro over 15 commands and the macro is executing too fast for the tivo. Any ideas?
Tivo Menu
Ch-
up
up
Left (or select)
ch+
down
down
left
ch-
left
ch+
left
ch+
down
left
now playing
play
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using the extender, macros will be fast - that's one of the benefits of using the extender.

My first comment would be that that's a HECK of a lot of steps to hold the remote pointing properly throughout. If you have the patience and discipline to do that, good for you!

OK, on to your specific problems:

(1) Macro too fast:
Use the Pause protocol to generate a gap between each signal you send. I would suggest you make a simple macro of four or five steps, create a Pause keymove of intermediate duration - say 7F - and insert that keymove in between each of your macro functions. Tweak the duration of the Pause until you get the shortest possible delay that still allows your signals to be received and acted upon;

(2) 15-step macro limit:
With the extender, you really have NO limit on the number of steps in a macro, as you can NEST macros, so all you need is one macro on a physical button, and then have it invoke other macros on non-physical buttons until you get the number of steps you need.

In your case, let's say that you want this sequence executed upon a press of the L1 button.

First: Create a pause signal (duration determined per the above) on the shifted L1 button.

Second: Create a macro on L1 that goes
Code:
Tivo Menu
s-L1
Ch-
s-L1
up
s-L1
up
s-L1
Left (or select)
s-L1
ch+
s-L1
s-L2
Next: create a follow-on macro (invoked by the last step of the previous one) on s-L2
Code:
down
s-L1
down
s-L1
left
s-L1
ch-
s-L1
left
s-L1
ch+
s-L1
s-L3

Finally a third macro on s-L3 will complete the sequence
Code:
left
s-L1
ch+
s-L1
down
s-L1
left
s-L1
now playing
s-L1
play

You never exceed 15 steps in the macro buffer, and you have your delays inserted (but I expect it will take forever to run!)

Good Luck!

Edit: If you're unfamiliar with the Pause protocol, just go to RM or KM and select your remote and create an upgrade using the "Pause" protocol.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: