JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I add a couple of OBC Codes to an official code?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glgermain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: How do I add a couple of OBC Codes to an official code? Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic SA-XR55 receiver, which works pretty well with official code 1518. However, there are a couple of commands missing that I would like to add. I just got a learning remote, and know the OBC codes for the missing commands. Is there some way to use the basic settings for official built-in code 1518 as a base, and then just add my two obc codes, or do I have to program the entire remote from scratch? Thanks for your help.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Panasonic Combo executors vary a lot from one remote to another, so you really should tell us which remote this is for. In your other thread you said 6131 or maybe 8910.

I don't know where you could get the info for the 1518 built into one of those models. I think chashing that is not your best path.

All the Panasonic combo audio upgrade files are basically the same set of signals. So you could start with almost any of those files and be very close to (and probably better than) the built-in 1518.

But those files vary a lot in choice of executor. I expect you want one that uses the same basic combo type as 1518 does in the 6131. One good example of that is
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1536

It's also possible that you don't want an upgrade at all but rather a few KeyMoves to be used with the built-in 1518. I believe the non-extender 6131 does not support Hex Command (nor EFC) KeyMoves with Audio/1518. But depending on which commands you want to add you may be able to do simple KeyMoves on a different built-in setup code or you might add a tiny upgrade on which to base KeyMoves.

Any KeyMove based approach is likely to take less total EEPROM space than a whole new upgrade. But EEPROM space is strictly partitioned. If you're short of KeyMove space you'll want a new upgrade. If you're not then KeyMoves will be smaller and maybe easier (or maybe using the file I linked above is easiest).

Last edited by johnsfine on Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
floyd1977

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried any of the upgrades in the File Section? If those don't already have the OBCs/EFCs you need, you can add them using Key Master or Remote Master.
glgermain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have both a 6131 and an 8910 learning remote. I want to use the 6131 with the receiver. The receiver is a Panasonic SA-XR 55. It was not listed in the upgrade files. The default 1518 programs the mode changes (tuner, cd, dvd-r, etc) into the number pad, but skips the main DVD. I wanted to add a code to the number pad to switch to DVD. I learned the code with the 8910, and now want to add it to the remote. Most everything else works fine with the 1518 code. It would be nice if there was a way to upload the standard codes like 1518 into the KM spreadsheet, and then make changes and load back. Anyway, because there are only about 10 important keys, I just made my own KM sheet for the SA-XR 55, and am using that.

One thing I could not get to work. The key for changing channels on the radio uses a different Panasonic device code. Instead of device code 160, it uses device code 176. When I trued using the 176 OBCs under device 160, it didn't work. I guess the official remote combines codes from two different remotes? Other than that, I was able to do everything I wanted.

It is amazing what one can do with IR and KM. It's easy to make mistakes and a bit time consuming, but I'm very happy with the results.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glgermain wrote:
The receiver is a Panasonic SA-XR 55. It was not listed in the upgrade files.

You don't need an exact model match. The Panasonic audio devices uses pretty much the same IR signals across all models.

You can start with an existing upgrade and see what (usually few) functions are wrong or missing (maybe because your model doesn't use EXACTLY the same signals) and fix just those.

glgermain wrote:
It would be nice if there was a way to upload the standard codes like 1518 into the KM spreadsheet, and then make changes and load back.

Yes, that would be convenient. But the standard codes aren't stored in eeprom, they're stored in ROM and JP1 can only read and write eeprom.

glgermain wrote:

One thing I could not get to work. The key for changing channels on the radio uses a different Panasonic device code. Instead of device code 160, it uses device code 176.

The usual answer to that problem is the "external functions" feature of KM and RM, that specifies an upgrade as needing a KeyMove from some other setup code, preferably a built-in setup code with single byte hex commands, but if necessary a helper upgrade.

However, many of the posted Panasonic Audio upgrades use the full device combiner rather than a Panasonic Combo (because the Panasonic Combo executors in older remotes were flawed). With one of those you could combine everything into one upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: