JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thought I did it right Help!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
potterpoole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:38 pm    Post subject: Thought I did it right Help!!! Reply with quote

bought a 15-2116 learned comands from my samsung db-600 remote downloaded everything into IR transfered evrthing to key map maped my keys copied it to the devise page programed my adio buton with new device and did an upload but nothing works. At a loss can you help:(
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't give us very many clues there.

You could zip up all the relevent files an put that .zip in the Yahoo JP1 group's diagnosis folder (IR.EXE saved file including the learned signals. KM saved file of the upgrade, IR saved file of what you uploaded and tested). Then we could tell exactly what went wrong.

Or you could provide some details about what you did: What version of IR.EXE was it? What did the learned signals decode as? (Samsung often uses NECx protocols and old versions of IR, and/or confused users often think those are regular NEC1 or NEC2). What is a db-600? (There's lots of IR data available for lots of Samsung models, but I can't start looking without knowing whether it a TV, a DVD or a popcorn maker).
potterpoole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't give enough info. The db600 is a 5 disc cd dvd tuner theater in a box thing. I used IR 3.21 to do the download with. IR decoded it as NEC2. I tried using all the other NEC protocalls avalable in keymap 7.51 as well after I looked at your post but no go. Do you think wrighting a new protocol will be neded?[/code][/b]
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not enough information.

I would want to know the device and subdevice numbers decoded and I suspect you didn't properly install the decodeIR.DLL that was included with IR.EXE. Missing that would make NECx2 protocol decode as NEC2.

I have lots of decode data on Samsung devices, mainly NECx2 protocol, but also Aiwa, NECx1, RC5, Samsung20, and NEC1 protocols. I've never seen any NEC2 protocol in a Samsung device (though yours might be unlike what I've seen).

I'd expect a "theater in a box" device to use several different device codes or even different protocols. You may need to start with seperate upgrades for individual subsystems and then decide whether or how to merge them.

BTW, all the NECx2 and NECx1 signals I've seen have their subdevice number equal to their device number. None of the Samsung uses of true NEC1 do that and I'm sure a Samsung use of true NEC2 wouldn't either, so whether device matches sundevice is a good clue of whether it's really NECx protocol.
potterpoole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasent aware anything special had to be done to decodIR.dll. There is a place in the menue to diable it? All I did was create a file and unzip IR to that. Also I have included a ziped file on the diagnosis folder it's not a total list of all the learned keys but maby it will help you help me. Its under the name Samsung DB-600 learned signal data.zip for the most part device is 67 and sub device is 83. I hav a few signals that were decoded as GAP-556-15 Gap-556-13 Gap-558-57 and Gap-558-12 but all of these were acompanied by an NEC2 decoding with device as 67 and subdevice as 83. Thanks for your eforts in educating IR illiterate.
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to tell KM the values for main and sub device. Take the Uprgrade_DB600.txt, it's in the Diag's folder too.

Uwe
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a device upgrade in the jp1 files area under Files > 3. Device Codes > Home Theater Systems called Samsung_HT_DL200P_1295.txt. This is for a Samsung Home Theater system that should work for you. It also worded in 2 or 3 other Samsung HT systems It is NEC2, Device 67, sub device 83, parm 31 the same as the one Ewe suggested. Try them both and see which ones you get the most buttons from.
potterpoole

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It pays to read everthing properly. Thanks for the help I finaly got my device upgrade to work thanks to yall the device upgrade you sent me to worked some as well and would be a good starting point. I tried it befor I started asking for help but must have done somthing wrong because nothing to worked the first time.Thanks again!!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
There is also a device upgrade in the jp1 files area under Files > 3. Device Codes > Home Theater Systems called Samsung_HT_DL200P_1295.txt. This is for a Samsung Home Theater system that should work for you. It also worded in 2 or 3 other Samsung HT systems It is NEC2, Device 67, sub device 83, parm 31 the same as the one Ewe suggested. Try them both and see which ones you get the most buttons from.

Just FYI, selecting the NEC2 protocol and specifying the "31" parm is the same as just seleting the "NECx2" protocol and not specifying a parm.

I downloaded the file and checked it myself and I can confirm that the signals really are NEC2, so no parm is needed, just the two device codes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: