JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HELP needed! Separating Pioneer Mix2 codes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I started this topic in a bit of a panic about how close I got to full up. I have created space by using TV0000 for my TV, but having to use some key moves. I have saved more space by using the "Official" Denon protocol for my Denon DVD-DD-Receiver, and the DVD part can be changed to built-in device 0634 plus a few key moves.

In terms of where the space is, the 8910 extender is at the opposite end of the scale to the 7562 extender, where there is plenty of space for devices but little for key moves. My current situation is that I have 51 bytes left for devices, and 432 left for key moves.

That is not altogether surprising, as the 8910 has a lot of keys that can ONLY be accessed by Key Moves, whereas the 7562 has virtually every key, including certain phantom keys, accessible through a device upgrade, if you pretended that everything was a TV, making key moves almost redundant!

I am wondering, though, would the author of the extender consider shifting the balance just a little, maybe by 128 bytes?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
I am wondering, though, would the author of the extender consider shifting the balance just a little, maybe by 128 bytes?

Maybe. To find out you should post a seperate question in the Extender forum as I doubt the question will be spotted buried in this thread.
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do that.

Whilst I've got your attention on this thread, Rob, I would like to thank you for all the work you've done here, and for supplying the URC-8910 at such a great price (by British standards, anyway!).

It makes the European URC-7562 look really poor in comparison, but, either way, you and the extender-writing crew have made both handsets really worthwhile!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: