JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Help with My Fancy Power Button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruskal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Need Help with My Fancy Power Button Reply with quote

URC-8811 & Extender 3 2K v6.15

IR file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3705

Here I have four devices, TV, VCR, DVD (DVD-HD recorder) and CBL (CBL-HD recorder). The CD device section is used, not for a device, but to hold specisl functions. My intention is that wrt the Power button, the VCR, DVD and CBL should act analogously.

Yet, the Power button acts as I wish for CBL and not for VCR and DVD. I'd really appreciate help in figuring out why.

Here's what is supposed to happen. If I LKP one of the three device buttons, Power should control the power of that device. This works. If I SKP the device button, a SKP of Power should control the power of the TV. That works. But if I LKP Power. it should control the power of the device. That ONLY WORKS for CBL.

Seems to me that X-CANCEL,SHIFT-Power gets run in both the LKP-device,SKP-Power case and the SKP-device,LKP-Power case. Yet it works in the former and not the latter (except for CBL).

One other clue: the IR light. When I SKP-device,LKP-Power and it works (CBL case), the IR light flashes long and then stays on. In the cases where it doesn't work, the light flashes long, then short and then stays on.

Can someone see what's going wrong.

Many thanks for help -- Vincent
Kruskal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Need Help with My Fancy Power Button Reply with quote

GOT IT!

Turns out that my settings for SKP-VCR and SKP-DVD set O_TV while SKP-CBL set O_CBL. Thus the Power button wasn't being interpreted as I thought -- it was a TV Power button.

I fixed it defining XSHIFT-Guide to be an alternate Power button on all devices and referring to it instead.

Only remaining weirdness is that when I turn power on using a LKP-Power, all devices but one turn on pretty quickly. But with one device, a RCA DRS7000N (the DVD), the power doesn't turn on until I release the Power button. Any idea why?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: