JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Descrete On/Off for Lite-On LVW5115/5116 DVD Recorder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhallerbach

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Descrete On/Off for Lite-On LVW5115/5116 DVD Recorder Reply with quote

I have used the included KM and RM upgrades for Lite-On DVDs along with remote learning to set up this remote, but am still missing Discrete On/Off codes for it, if they even exist, to set up some Macros

Specs:
Device : Lite-On LVW5116GHC+ (But any Lite-on DVD model code will probably do)
Remote: 6131 Extended 2k
Checked Remote Central : No Pronto Codes exist for Lite-On products
Contacted Lite-On directly, and they can't communicate well(Language barrier) but would not provide any codes.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your post here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5903&start=15
mhallerbach wrote:
... I am trying to locate the Descrete On/Off Codes for this Lite-On DVD Recorder, which are not included on the original remote - Just a Toggle.

I see mention that it may use similar codes to JVC recorders - Anyone been able to confirm this or have the codes I seek.

Neither JVC DVD nor one Liteon I'm familiar with (DigitalMax-DMD-R0501_dvd_recorder) have power discretes.
Liteon power up by Open/Close (device 239, obc 68 ), Power for off (device 239, obc 98 ). It's slooooow whether powered up by the power button or Open/Close. So try it in 6131ext.

Yes, some Liteons use JVC codes. And there are conflicts if you happen to have both. When this DigMax/Liteon gadget visits here, I have to go to trouble of covering one of them so it won't do wrong things.

In the file section you'll see about half and half split between JVC and NEC1. I have not seen discretes there.

see if this JVC version using 6131-extended works for you
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3141
and try the !functions which I took from the other files, they might work as well.

mhallerbach wrote:
Contacted Lite-On directly, and they can't communicate well(Language barrier) but would not provide any codes
I'm surprised they didn't tell ya to talk to JVC where they stole the codes Evil or Very Mad to cause confusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: