JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Amino 110 remote codes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geo10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Amino 110 remote codes Reply with quote

I'm following Rob's procedure but am lost already. (on the serial number 505 etc) mine is

sb100 100 50804085.

will the jp1 thing work.

I also couldn't find the tools folder for the rm program.

I'm trying to get this slingox so the remote will work with the amino 100 or 500 set top box.

thanks Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Amino 110 remote codes Reply with quote

geo10 wrote:
I'm following Rob's procedure but am lost already. (on the serial number 505 etc) mine is

sb100 100 50804085.

Maybe that's an "RV" box (which were added after the instructions were written)

geo10 wrote:
will the jp1 thing work.

Should do.

geo10 wrote:
I also couldn't find the tools folder for the rm program.

Use the "File Section" link at the top of this page.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1339

geo10 wrote:
I'm trying to get this slingox so the remote will work with the amino 100 or 500 set top box.

Here's your upgrade...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2531
geo10

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Help! too deep. any other ideas Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I don't know what java to use?? and dont understand this udp or image message? or no rdf files? Your very kind to help, should I try some other option?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I zipped all three types of .bin files together.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3676
Just unzip them to the SBAV directory. Navigate through the setup menus until you get to an "Other" option which will open a box where you can type in the code. If it's a USA box then N2003 will be the code. If it's a PAL (UK) box then C2003 would be the number to enter. The Sling software will attempt to open and upload the file to the Slingbox.

Make sure to check the dropdown boxes in the Sling remote for any functions that might seem to be missing from the virtual buttons.
geo10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Still having trouble Reply with quote

I have the Ir program and Rm. Do I need a cable to interface to the slingbox? what am I missing? How does the program communicate to the slingbox?

thanks
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Slingbox comes with its own software. In this software, (which you use to setup your Slingbox, which should be connected to you computer network) you set up what setup code you want the Slingbox to use to control your external device.

This is completely independent of anything you do with RM. IR plays no role in the Slingbox matter. RM helps you build the BIN file for addition to the Sling library, from which you select the code in the Sling software.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
geo10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

that helps, and makes sense. I will keep pluggin away.
geo10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Still hung up Reply with quote

RM helps you build the BIN file for addition to the Sling library, from which you select the code in the Sling software.

I have the Amino file in Rm, what do I do?

I cant seem to find the existing bin files on the computer with the slingbox software installed.

Anymore suggestions?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The native Slingbox software doesn't use the .bin files, only your personal upgrade files use that format. Their codes are apparently compressed and packaged into special files that we can't do anything with (that I know of).

Basically, you create or acquire a "bin" file: place it in the \SBAV directory: work through setup until you can select "Other" for a code: then type the first part of the file name into the box that appears. (ie for a file named C2046_PL.bin, you would type C2046) The software will then attempt to load and install the remote control codes.

Once you have the file in RM, you need to output a .bin file. In the "advanced" menu dropdown, you would select "Export Binary Upgrade". This will create the .bin file. Before doing that there are some steps to follow.
1: In the "Remote" selection area you need to select the correct Slingbox type to match your hardware (JU, PL, PK or RV). If you just loaded the file it will probably still be showing the remote that the original creator used. You need to change it to "Slingbox".
2: Check the functions and buttons and make sure all the "Functions" you need are assigned to buttons or you won't be able to use them.
3: You can pick your own number (the "setup" tab) for the upgrade but keep it under 2048
4: You can change the device type; VCR, Cable, etc. In the original (old software) method the devices would only work if they started with specific letters. (C, D, S, V, Y and some symbols) as I read the old .cfg file. Changing the device type does not change any codes but will yield a different default button layout and starting letter. It might not make any difference with the new software but better safe than sorry. In other words, make sure the .bin starts with C, D, S, V, or Y.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm still learning the ins and outs myself.

(edit) 5: If the "Output" tab of RM shows any keymoves, I do not believe that these are passed into the .bin file. They are used by the IR.exe application to program a JP1 remote only. Either change the device type (DVD, VCR, etc) if necessary to get them to disappear or try assigning the functions to different buttons. This may be irrelevant after you select a "Slingbox" remote type, but the original .rmdu or .txt file may show some "keymoves". I don't know how "Shifted" functions could work either. You can try but don't be surprised if some commands disappear if they involve "Keymoves" or "shifted" functions; although they could work in the dropdown command menus.

(edit) 6: If the upgrade doesn't work try a different number or a different device type (to get a different starting letter in the bin file). It seems that if there is a built-in code that uses the same number there will be a conflict. Sling uses numbers that were never used in One-For-All remotes so the "safe" numbers we normally use with JP1 aren't safe anymore.
donworks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
I zipped all three types of .bin files together.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3676
Just unzip them to the SBAV directory. Navigate through the setup menus until you get to an "Other" option which will open a box where you can type in the code. If it's a USA box then N2003 will be the code. If it's a PAL (UK) box then C2003 would be the number to enter. The Sling software will attempt to open and upload the file to the Slingbox.

Make sure to check the dropdown boxes in the Sling remote for any functions that might seem to be missing from the virtual buttons.

Hello steve, took me two nites and finally move myself tis far in the setup.. okay, I encountered tis problem : after the above instructions - in the wizard. Device brand as "others," then at the "control code" setup, the moment N2003 is type, the test button grey out ! dun have a clue on how to test the remote then ! and am stuck at this point.
My specs as follows:
JU Type with IR Blaster 2
new version Sling AV with SN: 1246091...
Slingplayer version 1.4.0.195

Did i missed anything at all?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you just finish the installation and then check to see if any functions work.
donworks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zaphod7501 wrote:
Can you just finish the installation and then check to see if any functions work.

Tks for yr response. I have actually completed the AV setup. These are the steps i followed after browsing thru the forum for the remote function solution:

1)Downloaded yr Zipped .Bin files (N2003_JU,N2003_PL & C2003-RV)

2)Unzipped and place them into E:\SBAV directory - there r x2 resident files inside - sbav_RV.sbav & sbav_PL.sbav)

3) Run Set-up wizard again, Brand Device chose as others, then at control code set-up keyed in N2003 in alternative code box - the power test button greyed-out. for C2003, this message appears "Slingbox cannot load the IR code you selected..."

I have been following thru this thread at sling community http://www.slingcommunity.com/forum/thread/10302/?page=1 but little confuse & lost as usual. Hope u cld enlighten me, i wld be greatful. cheers
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is something wrong with the way RM is exporting this particular bin file. If you re-import it after exporting it, the protocol upgrade is missing and everything disappears from the RM pages after you move off of the output tab.

Someone else needs to try creating the bin file from the Amino code to check my process or version of RM/Java/etc or to verify that RM is not able to export this file correctly. Probably need to change the device type to get a letter other than "N" as the prefix.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2531
maximos86

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has any1 actually made slingbox work with amninet 110 to give the rest of us some tips??? cause ive been trying for hours and couldnt make this work
newfish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Ditto Reply with quote

Ditto, I've sifted through numerous amino 110 posts, and have not been able to get my amino to work with the slingbox pro. I've downloaded and installed RM, RMIR, and downloaded the .bin files posted up on the forum, but cant seem to get the slingbox pro to try the alternate codes.

I have the following:

SlingboxPro
Hardware Version 1.34.0
Firmware 1.0.39 (9/21/2007)
IR Blaster Version 2

Cable Box: Amino 110
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: